The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Crashes After Hitting "play" On The Launcher.

Mentova

Hello! Recently for the past week or so I've been completely unable to play. The launcher works perfectly fine, but after I hit play the game launches to a black screen and completely freezes. If I manage to alt-tab I get an "evolution engine has stopped working" error. The game used to run perfectly fine and as far as I know, I didn't change anything. I tried reinstalling multiple times, updated my graphics drivers, launching it with different settings, etc. Nothing has worked. I even tried downloading it through the website instead of steam and the same thing happened.

For reference, my GPU is a GTX 750ti and I'm running windows 10.

I've had a certain amount of different issues myself that started only recently. Do you have any idea when your own issues seems to have specifically started? Mine seem to have started around the time of the update that officially added Steam Workshop integration into the game(as in, almost literally right after the update was downloaded. Prior to that update I cannot recall any issues of any kind whatsoever with the game).

I've had a certain amount of different issues myself that started only recently. Do you have any idea when your own issues seems to have specifically started? Mine seem to have started around the time of the update that officially added Steam Workshop integration into the game(as in, almost literally right after the update was downloaded. Prior to that update I cannot recall any issues of any kind whatsoever with the game).

It don't remember exactly, but I think it did happen around the time they added workshop support.

Ironically enough, I've had moments where the game will give me the same black screen for either 10 secs or 3 mins but I usually don't touch anything and it will eventually load.

Though mine was due to being the first program I launched after starting up my pc so there's a lot of background processes going and my hdd isn't the fastest thing in the world.

I just tried it again and it didn't fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

Please contact our support site so we can collect more diagnostic information. If possible, attach your Launcher.log, EE.log and DxDiag to the ticket when you create it.

In the meantime, try launching the game with Dx11 disabled and see if the issue still occurs.

Please contact our support site so we can collect more diagnostic information. If possible, attach your Launcher.log, EE.log and DxDiag to the ticket when you create it.

In the meantime, try launching the game with Dx11 disabled and see if the issue still occurs.

Alright, I'll open a ticket.