Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Graphic Setting Help Needed

shadowaries33

I have Intel Iris Pro 5200 Graphics for my GPU. What settings would you guys recommend that would still make the game look good, but at the same time get my above 60FPS. Doesn't need to be constantly above 60, but at least average around there. Currently i'm playing on all max settings besides from SMAA, but i average around 40, and most of the time 30. My System Specs include an i7-4770R CPU, 8GB 2x4GB DDR3L-1866 of Corsair Vengeance Memory, and of course the Iris Pro 5200 GPU.

turn down Geometry one tick from where it is.

probably turn down Shadows one tick.

you might end up turning down Texture Memory one tick.

similarly, you might end up turning down Particles one tick.

- might as well drop Character Shadows. it's not that significant and the iGPU can use whatever load reduction it can get.

- Ambient Occlusion is pretty heavy for low end systems. don't bother. Digital Extremes isn't like some Developers, and has actual lighting, and isn't using AO for all lighting so it won't make the game look like poo by not using it.

- Local Reflections should be off. period. your Notebook shouldn't be trying to run that.

Ambient Occlusion and Local Reflections should be the two biggest differences. Particles and Shadows after that. next Texture Memory and last Geometry.

this is only an estimation on ordering. there's more factors that i don't know about here and can't estimate for.

Thank you taiiat. For the most part just turning down Geometry, and Shadows brought me to a 50-60 average which now the game runs alot smoother, and isn't choppy. I don't see a difference between Ambient Occlusion, and Local reflections on, or off, but ill need to experiment with that. Also the computer i'm using is a Gigabyte Brix Pro, its decent, and gets the job done, but certainly isn't a gaming PC despite their advertising claims. It heats up quickly, and i do believe in tern it under clocks the iGPU a bit, and also brings the RAM down from 1866 to 1600MHz. The one thing that makes the iGPU a bit better is it can borrow some unused RAM for a little extra VRAM to use along with its measly 512MB of VRAM.

Edited by shadowaries33

Thank you taiiat. For the most part just turning down Geometry, and Shadows brought me to a 50-60 average which now the game runs alot smoother, and isn't choppy. I don't see a difference between Ambient Occlusion, and Local reflections on, or off, but ill need to experiment with that. Also the computer i'm using is a Gigabyte Brix Pro, its decent, and gets the job done, but certainly isn't a gaming PC despite their advertising claims. It heats up quickly, and i do believe in tern it under clocks the iGPU a bit, and also brings the RAM down from 1866 to 1600MHz. The one thing that makes the iGPU a bit better is it can borrow some unused RAM for a little extra VRAM to use along with its measly 512MB of VRAM.

Hey, what's the Gigabyte Brix Pro like overall ?

Have been eye'ing them in the market and wondered how they deal with games overall.

My 2 cents when dealing with Intel hardware though is to make sure your drivers are up to date.

If you're just using the Gigabyte drivers that came with it, maybe hit the Intel site and run their auto updater. 

When I first started playing WF on a GTX760M is ran like a PoS, but it was all because Gigabytes NVidia driver was so old and couldn't handle the textures an physx. Once I updated it WF ran very very sweet. 

Also what res you running the game at ?

I ran WF with an old Radeon 7750 card, but on a TV (1280) or 19" monitor (1440) it ran just fine on moderate GFX settings and low shadows. 

Edited by Sh0ck-Wave

Big tip fella, you got a nice build there, buy a video card.

Yea sorry cant do that, like i said Gigabyte Brix Pro, its about a 4 inch by 4 inch box thats 2 inches tall. Id love to build a PC, but i cant afford to, actually won this from a contest sponsored by Newegg.

Hey, what's the Gigabyte Brix Pro like overall ?

Have been eye'ing them in the market and wondered how they deal with games overall.

My 2 cents when dealing with Intel hardware though is to make sure your drivers are up to date.

If you're just using the Gigabyte drivers that came with it, maybe hit the Intel site and run their auto updater. 

When I first started playing WF on a GTX760M is ran like a PoS, but it was all because Gigabytes NVidia driver was so old and couldn't handle the textures an physx. Once I updated it WF ran very very sweet. 

Also what res you running the game at ?

I ran WF with an old Radeon 7750 card, but on a TV (1280) or 19" monitor (1440) it ran just fine on moderate GFX settings and low shadows. 

Eh its a great computer if you want a small compact system that's very portable. I personally love it, the Iris Pros Graphics are OK, but they can barely pull off medium, and most of the time in games they need to be between medium, and low, but it still has just enough power to make a game look nice. I use all the drivers from intel too lol, gigabytes drivers are horrible. Also i am running on a 24" LG Monitor at 1080P. Honestly if you want a portable system that'll play your games on high settings get a true Gaming laptop with a 970M, maybe a 980M if you can. If you don't care much about having the best of the best graphics then its a mighty fine computer. Also when you buy the Brix you will also need to buy an SSD, or some type of 2.5" drive that doesn't crack under heat, and doesn't produce much, and you will also need to purchase DDR3L RAM. Make sure its RAM that runs @ 1600MHz though because the computer doesn't like 1866Mhz most of the time, it's down clocks my Corsair Vengeance that's running at 1866.

Edited by shadowaries33

Thanks for the run down man. 

I've got a laptop with a GTX 970M already, but was looking at a TV system which had at least some sort of GFX card in it.

Just a couple things ..

Looking at the gigabyte site it's listing the GFX card as only having 64Mb allocated to it.

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/support-downloads/faq-page.aspx?fid=2709&pid=4888

Can you check through your BIOS and see if there are any options to increase the amount of RAM allocated to the IRIS GFX ?

The IRIS specs for thta series say it can take up to 128MB

I checked out the Brix Pro manual but couldn't see anything there about changing this, however it's also had a couple BIOS updates so check to see if you're on the latest one as they may have updated this to a configurable item : 

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4888#bios

Edited by Sh0ck-Wave

Thanks for the run down man. 

I've got a laptop with a GTX 970M already, but was looking at a TV system which had at least some sort of GFX card in it.

Just a couple things ..

Looking at the gigabyte site it's listing the GFX card as only having 64Mb allocated to it.

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/support-downloads/faq-page.aspx?fid=2709&pid=4888

Can you check through your BIOS and see if there are any options to increase the amount of RAM allocated to the IRIS GFX ?

The IRIS specs for thta series say it can take up to 128MB

I checked out the Brix Pro manual but couldn't see anything there about changing this, however it's also had a couple BIOS updates so check to see if you're on the latest one as they may have updated this to a configurable item : 

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4888#bios

Well according to the Intel Iris Control panel it tells me its has 512MB of VRAM. Also the 970M is much better than the Iris imo. Haven't seen how well the Iris Pro 6200 perform, but it's definitely better than the 5200.

General Discussion?

Yea didn't know where to post the original topic, and it kind just sprouted from there.

Edited by shadowaries33