Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Is Even More Melty Than Before

AlphaSierraMike

The decrease in the window is barely noticeable when the weapon itself, without the mod, performs decently and fires every .2 second, even so, the damage bonus got buffed to 50%. It pretty much punish players that don't excessively use parkour even more. And even against parkour extraordinaire, it still performs like a Latron Wraith, which isn't that bad at all.

I swear the PvP team is just forgetting event/special weapons in the balancing for these mods, the same can be said with Prisma Gorgon/Wraith. I get that the goal is to include all weapons into PvP, but perhaps they should exclude special weapons like the Prisma Gorgon/Wraith, or maybe even some of the prime weapons, with these exclusive mods, because most of them usually stray away from the characteristics of the normal weapon.

Like Prisma Gorgon/Wraith doesn't suffer from the horrid accuracy of the Gorgon and has a slightly higher base rate of fire, making the high fire rate even more deadly, and Latron Wraith doesn't have as big of a restriction in fire rate while retaining that same general DPS of the Latron range. If you oversample the Latron/P, then yeah, you'll miss the window because there's less than a millisecond between the oversampling zone and the buff duration end, ~0.24 and 0.3, you'll have to get the shot off between that, but the Wraith doesn't have that close of a gap, with ~0.19 and 0.3 as the window. It might seem small but that's almost doubling the window.

I haven't tried the Tetra yet, the Prisma Tetra has a slightly higher fire rate, lower recoil and faster projectile speed, making that faster projectile speed even more effective, the mod probably turns it into a pseudo Boltor at this point. But hey, this is probably one of the most minor buffs of the special weapons, the syndicate weapons to this point is pretty minor as well.

The one time Tetra gets brought up and it's in a nerf related topic lol. Poor Tetra.

From memory the Prsma Tetra by itself wasn't too difficult to work with, it's basically make people run in a straight line at you and spray. But that was back when it first came out when people were less jump happy, so it might be less usable now. Gotta try it out again.

Edit: Yeah it's really depends on the situation, got a 22-0 in TA and second place with 13-3 in FFA on the first few games without catalyst, but most of the kills were on people not moving that much, and I rarely got people that were mashing their jump key.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

I recently made a PvP topic observing how the weapons work https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/542603-first-and-last-impressions-of-conclave/

Basically, if you're not secretly sniping from afar, anything non-hitscan is crap because everyone is a hyper jackrabbit, and they do not stop flailing around. Ever. lol

Pretty sure that's the case because people found out that the new parkour moves don't interrupt other actions. If they made bulletjump like rolling, where it prevents players from doing other things while the animation is still going, then there'll probably be less jumping around, because at the moment, there's basically no reason why you would choose to run on a flat surface when jumping is faster, messes up the hitbox, makes vertical movements, and you can still shoot mid animation.

I should make a new thread about this in animation section.