Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Got A Question For Star Wars Fans

Actually, Im quite confused about how strong Darth Vader is. I mean he choked a man Galaxies away... That shows level of force that Sidicis wouldnt able to...However, in force unleash, as Locus claims to be cannon... Starkiller beat him toe to toe, no tricks, nothing funny both brute and force. I m confused now, I went on google and others claim that Varder should be strongest Sith/Jedi ever lived.

I just want some answer of how strong Vader actually is. Or it could be Starkiller‘s actually stronger... I dont know, I dont read.

Edited by Guest

I often think of Starkiller as a character whose creator is on a very high power fantasy trip (to the point that he continues to "live"). So, comparing Starkiller with Darth Vader is not really that conclusive. 

Anyways, Darth Vader is strong on his own. His augmentations did hinder him at some point though. 

Darth Vader's supposedly a the son of the physical embodiment of the Force, so he's probably a demigod for all intents and purposes. Or he was, up until he decided to play stupid, got his arm and legs cut off and turned into a guy who has to wear diapers for the rest of his life.

Edited by Sidathe

It's been hinted at by a couple fellow Tenno above, but to put it clearly...

When Vader lost his leg(s) and half of his arm, he lost a significant portion of his midichlorian count, thus losing a big part of his 'force power'.

That is if you buy into Lucas's new take on The Force. I've always been a fan of the old films and how the force is something Jedi/ Sith and others can harness. It's part of the universe... Not some kind of bacteria in out bodies. Haha.

I often think of Starkiller as a character whose creator is on a very high power fantasy trip (to the point that he continues to "live"). So, comparing Starkiller with Darth Vader is not really that conclusive. 

Anyways, Darth Vader is strong on his own. His augmentations did hinder him at some point though. 

I'm not sure The Force Unleashed is still canon, as it's technically part of the old Expanded Universe. Even if it is, though, that wouldn't call Vader's powers into question, as it's quite clear that Starkiller is very overpowered.

Darth Vader's supposedly a the son of the physical embodiment of the Force, so he's probably a demigod for all intents and purposes. Or he was, up until he decided to play stupid, got his arm and legs cut off and turned into a guy who has to wear diapers for the rest of his life.

Let's put into perspective how strong Starkiller is.

As a mere child Darth Vader confused Starkiller's presence in the force for Kento Marek's master.

If that doesn't say how strong he is then I don't know what will.

EDen got what I was asking for, Anakin was suppose to be "the strongest" and the "demigod." Anakin should be the chosen one.

Starkiller out of nowhere (just like a RKO) posses the force of a Jedi Master when he was a kid. He came out of nowhere and out powers the chosen one. This is the part doesn't make any sense to me. I can't believe Lucas actually node his head for the existence of Starkiller. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I love Starkiller. I enjoy wreck a battlecruiser  with force(which I think again, out of line, but hey some sith created black holes, so it's okay I guess...?). And the part where he F Vader up, and Vader gets on his knees for the mercy of Starkiller. (I was like, oh shhhh really? I expect Vader to kill me or find some way to turn around, but he did not.) 

I know games are suppose to be badass, but I think pretty much it's like what other have said, whoever created Starkiller is is high while he's doing his job 

Thank you for you guy's relies. 

It's been hinted at by a couple fellow Tenno above, but to put it clearly...

When Vader lost his leg(s) and half of his arm, he lost a significant portion of his midichlorian count, thus losing a big part of his 'force power'.

That is if you buy into Lucas's new take on The Force. I've always been a fan of the old films and how the force is something Jedi/ Sith and others can harness. It's part of the universe... Not some kind of bacteria in out bodies. Haha.

Actually, I think George Lucas stated he liked the idea of having a mix of being in-between those different ideas, and allowing it to remain as such without actually giving a concrete answer as to how exactly the Force exists and how it is harnessed. 

A higher midi-clorian count generally grants a being a higher initial affinity and potency in the Force, but Jedi/Sith of lower counts are able to surpass that of one with a higher under most circumstances. Vader/Anakin however, is a product of the Force lashing out a direct but loose response on it's own in retaliation against Darth Plagueis and Sidious' various attempts on the Force not long before Anakin was born, and thus his eventual potential Force ability and his initial potency was particularly strong. His skill with a lightsaber however is a testament of both his own martial skill and his power in the Force, so that could be called a product of his own effort.

I´ll agree on the thing that his loss of much organic material is surely straining his ability to harness the energy like he´d eventually be able to do though, but a serious amount of it still resides in him as shown with how fickle distance can seem when he´s using his power, that I won´t believe any of us doubt.

That question is supposed to have an easy answer, but it has not. According to Star Wars history, and like of course was mentioned here, he is the chosen one, and as such, his dominance of the Force should be the highest ever seen. Killing someone really far away is a display of it, but as to control of the Force, not that much was shown of him, and of course the EU sometimes went a bit too far away, like mentioning a Sith Lord capable of moving moons, another capable of killing and entire planet by just speaking, and Galen Marek os course moving a whole Star Destroyer.

Fisically, his augmentations make him really strong, but also limit his combat capabilities, despite this he has shown to be more than capable of killing jedi masters that posses no counters to their fisical cualities. In the end, and to what was shown, the true chosen one would have been an Anakin Skywalker, non corrupted, more focused on his training, and to care more about his link to the Force.

To what shown, i think, Vader is just potencially the strongest character in Star Wars, since a fully chosen one potential wasn't shown if compared to characters in the EU.

This is the part doesn't make any sense to me. I can't believe Lucas actually node his head for the existence of Starkiller. 

A New Hope's original drafts had Luke's last name as Starkiller (and were rather different).  I can 100% believe that Lucas endorsed Sam Witwer's overpowered face, the plot of those games reads very much like how Star Wars could have turned out if Lucas didn't have editors slapping him with rolled up newspapers.

That question is supposed to have an easy answer, but it has not. According to Star Wars history, and like of course was mentioned here, he is the chosen one, and as such, his dominance of the Force should be the highest ever seen. Killing someone really far away is a display of it, but as to control of the Force, not that much was shown of him, and of course the EU sometimes went a bit too far away, like mentioning a Sith Lord capable of moving moons, another capable of killing and entire planet by just speaking, and Galen Marek os course moving a whole Star Destroyer.

Fisically, his augmentations make him really strong, but also limit his combat capabilities, despite this he has shown to be more than capable of killing jedi masters that posses no counters to their fisical cualities. In the end, and to what was shown, the true chosen one would have been an Anakin Skywalker, non corrupted, more focused on his training, and to care more about his link to the Force.

To what shown, i think, Vader is just potencially the strongest character in Star Wars, since a fully chosen one potential wasn't shown if compared to characters in the EU.

But let's put a huge part of the EU aside, and focus on Starkiller only. With what him displayed in the game I feel like as if I can kill Yoda with ease, not even joking. This guy is insane, and the times he survive fatal wounds are even more insane. The way he wields his lightsaber and force are much more insane than anything I've seen. Just when I thought Maul was fighting with "Sithest" ways, this guy tells you otherwise. When Sidicious shows you how to lighting, this guy made him look like his apprentice. This is why I'm creating this post, it made me question is Vader the strongest, and is Sidicious more powerful. Because this guy made both of them look like his apprentice.

the plot of those games reads very much like how Star Wars could have turned out if Lucas didn't have editors slapping him with rolled up newspapers.

This...actually sound very logical...it made a lot more sense to me now, thank you.

But let's put a huge part of the EU aside, and focus on Starkiller only. With what him displayed in the game I feel like as if I can kill Yoda with ease, not even joking. This guy is insane, and the times he survive fatal wounds are even more insane. The way he wields his lightsaber and force are much more insane than anything I've seen. Just when I thought Maul was fighting with "Sithest" ways, this guy tells you otherwise. When Sidicious shows you how to lighting, this guy made him look like his apprentice. This is why I'm creating this post, it made me question is Vader the strongest, and is Sidicious more powerful. Because this guy made both of them look like his apprentice.

I agree Galen, as a character, looks way too powerful, which would make no sense unless it is proved he is the actual chosen one. He did pretty insane things in both games, and survived much, that's true. I personally think they overdone the power of the character for someone that is not the chosen one, regardless of him being trained by the chosen one himself.

But, even then, EU in general, expanded the use of the Force too much. If you look at the 6 movies, the Force is never actually used in such a crazy level. In games we do things never shown on said movies, and that make most characters of them look like mere apprentices. The actual thing is that, looking at Marek, they took maybe too many liberties on his powers, and made the fights, both against the Emperor an Vader too easy, making them look weak.

The Emperor would be stronger, according to the first game, because after their clash, he wasn't even tired, and Vader was quite destroyed. In the second game Vader was a little stronger when shown to channel the Force Lighting, but still i think, tho a great character, Marek was given an exaggerated power if we think that Vader should be way stronger

Edited by ElGuirrix

Well I see it like this, Starkiller is another "Force Child" like Vader but was born instead of "created" like Vader. I think it occurred after Anakin accindently got all of the Forcewielders, who were keeping the Force in balance, killed through some actions by him. Once they all died the force was thrown into flux without the Forcewielders to keep it in check, so Starkiller was imbued with powers enough to surpass Vader and the Emperor (but to be fair the Emperors greatest power was his silver tongue).

So in short Starkiller was an accident, that was caused by the balances of the Force "realigning".

Well I see it like this, Starkiller is another "Force Child" like Vader but was born instead of "created" like Vader. I think it occurred after Anakin accindently got all of the Forcewielders, who were keeping the Force in balance, killed through some actions by him. Once they all died the force was thrown into flux without the Forcewielders to keep it in check, so Starkiller was imbued with powers enough to surpass Vader and the Emperor (but to be fair the Emperors greatest power was his silver tongue).

So in short Starkiller was an accident, that was caused by the balances of the Force "realigning".

This approach is quite new...never thought about it this way...

This approach is quite new...never thought about it this way...

There's also the ill-defined minimums and maximums, even in the Legacy Canon. Like in KOTOR 2, with the guy who can wipe out planets by devouring their Force/Life whatever.

Edited by Sidathe