Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Archer Frame Abilities, Unless They Are Alreadys Set In Stone.

Sharpstriker

Now this is just my idea for abilities for the new archer fame, however if its already set in stone, then this is just me sharring some ideas that have been going through my head.

First ability: Elemental arrows. Probably the most common idea that i've heard. Basically it's a single arrow shot for 25 energy that can cast an elemental proc depending on the color of the frames energy like chroma.

Second ability: Scatter shot, Basically you use the ability and you will fire out a single bolt of energy and at a certain point, the single bolt will split into multiple bolts that will attack the nearest enemy. You could also detonate the bolt early by hitting the LMB. The number of bolts that fires from the detonating will increase as the lvl increases.

Third ability #1: the frame will generate bolts of energy with random attack strengh, and this will drain energy as it's left on and will fire in the direction that you are facing.

Third ability #2: you mark an area on the ground when you hit the third abilitly button. Any enemy who steps within the radius will be attacked by arrows from the sky similar to embers world on fire except its in a fixed position instead of folowing you.

Third ability #3: Keeping to the idea of having a sniper frame, the third ability will throw down anti- personel mines. When an enemy steps within the activation range, the mine will go off and impale the enemies with energy bolts. this ability will activate two status procs. Anyone hit by the bolts will be get a puncture proc, and if the enemy is closer, they will get a blast proc from the explosion.

Fourth ability: You draw out your bow, like excaliburs sword and fire arrows like that of a normal bow. however the base damage will be massive. At rank 0 it will do 1000 damage and at rank 3 will be 4000 damage will a full draw of the bow string. the damge will be effected by power strength mods instead of damage mods or multishot mods. it will be effected by fire rate, crit chance, crit damage, and status mods. The crit chance of the ability will be 40%, will a 2.0 crit multiplyer, and 30% status chance. The fire rate, to balance out the potentialy massive damge with fully charged shot, will be so slow that it would require all the fire rate mods to get the fire rate abot the same as an unmodded dread, paris, paris prime, etc... the damge will also be effected by warframe abilities. to add to this, when fired the arrow with a full charge, the size of the bolt would be enough that it could hit enemies who are just within a meter or 2 radius.

These are some ideas that i have, if the abilities for the new archer frame are already set in stone, then these are just ideas that have been going through my head and i'd like to hear your feedback.

edit: This is something that should be a thing, have 2 passives for this frame, 1, having increased zoom capabilties because she is a archer/ possible sniper. 2, because she is supposedly based on a poison tree frog, the frame should have a poison skin passive where the enemy will get poisoned by doing a melee attack.

Edited by Sharpstriker

From what I've heard, the "Archer" is going in a bad direction. Robin Hood inspiration ? Toxin-based attacks ? Controlling projectiles ? Stealing credits from enemies ? Meh... Your ideas are better.

Mine could be :

1) Duration skill, increase critical chance and reload speed

2) Personal buff of some kind ; a duration based aura that replenish ammo over time and buff your speed/defenses etc. Spreads to nearby allies.

3) CC arrow, fires an energy net that entangle (locks into place) any foe caught in it. The size of the net would scale with range or strenght mods.

4) Toggle skill, summon an ethereal bow whose shots deal high damage and have a chance to proc blinding or knockdown.

Like nekros and hydroid, this frame looks to be getting a skill oriented around increasing loot drop, however from what they said it's going to be like desecrate but for living targets which I find pretty appealing because I've been farming g3 for over a year and either I'm cursed, jinxed, or purely unlucky but I can't get my hands on a brakk barrel to save my life. So another loot table reroller? Yes please! That said I dont want her to just be a farm frame. Her 1st and ult look to be heavy hitters and if they throw in an aoe cc or an aura buff I'll be pretty pleased.