Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fallout 4's First Rant Article Is About Not Being Allowed To Kill Dogmeat?...

izzatuw

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5640abd1e4b0411d3071931c

Just read this article and apparently the game's too "stupid" to be GOTY because you can't kill your dog... I mean... I think that's what I read. It's a game, it doesn't make sense to ask for that much realism, the greatest thing NV had over FO3 was companions that can't be killed because companions in FO3 hindered you more than they could ever help you.

Edit: Erebus Ik you're being nit picky about this game but you better not go down to this level >_>

Edited by izzatuw

It's called player expectancy.

Sometimes it varies, really, but most people or writers tend to force everything against people's faces and tell them that it's the "Right thing to do" just because it doesn't relate to real life scenario very much.

But yes, it's just sad to see people ranting about realism, especially if it's about a game.

The ability to create anything is given to the devs. They have the chance to make their wildest, impossible dreams to come true! To express something that others can't feel or touch but they can experience it through their eyes. There's a vast universe, infinite of possibilities for a developer to tell a story, tell a dream! tell an idea of something without definition...

...And people are as bland and boring they want realism in their games.

It's called player expectancy.

Sometimes it varies, really, but most people or writers tend to force everything against people's faces and tell them that it's the "Right thing to do" just because it doesn't relate to real life scenario very much.

But yes, it's just sad to see people ranting about realism, especially if it's about a game.

Yeap. If he wanted realism wth didn't he complain when he survived a couple of bullets and grenade explosions?

well i for one think that, first there is a darn good reason for the dog to be invincible given the amount of explosive weapons, flamethrowers and the likes that the game puts in your hands, second when did ever betsheda bother to fix their game at least on pc? when you buy a game from the fallout/elder scrolls series it comes with the guarantee that you'll have to use the console at least a couple of times to fix stuff like story npcs going MIA or stuff falling throught the world etch..

The ability to create anything is given to the devs. They have the chance to make their wildest, impossible dreams to come true! To express something that others can't feel or touch but they can experience it through their eyes. There's a vast universe, infinite of possibilities for a developer to tell a story, tell a dream! tell an idea of something without definition...

...And people are as bland and boring they want realism in their games.

I remember how you could kill absolutely everything in the first version of Fallout 1 and 2, and even make the game unwinnable.

Oh crap, Dogmeat! NOOO! don't get in front of Tycho and his shotgun! D:!!!

Oh, and invisible pickpocketing children... grrrr

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻