Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player, Where To Begin?

Ace3695

Question

Hey guys, I'm a returning player and I'm just seeking some help. I've been going over the changes and such since I last played (right before Oberon was release) and could use help with what has changed. I know this is a tall order and I understand if you don't feel like helping but please don't flame me either. What are a few recommended war frames to pick up (2-3) and maybe some advice on those as well? High tier weapons to strive for etc etc. Anything helps at all, cheers.

6 answers to this question

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/356275-welcome-back-to-warframe-heres-what-you-missed/

This should help.

Frames I'd recommend you to use and never sell are Excalibur, Trinity, Mag, Volt, they're all easy to get and easy to use :)

You definitely want to have at least one of most recent syndicates' weapons which require you to reach the highest rank in given syndicate and be mastery rank 12+.

Right now as far as weapons go, Tonkor is one of the new top tier weapons, being a high damage, crit-based grenade launcher. Definitely worth picking up. The new sentinel found on the market, Diriga, has probably one of the strongest sentinel weapons out there. Not sure of what else is considered Top-tier or is new to that section at least.

Out of the newer frames, Atlas, Chroma and Equinox are good pickups. Valkyr and Saryn have been buffed recently, leaving both of them also sitting in a good spot. Ember also got a minor tweak to WoF making her also fairly decent.

Atlas tend to build for power strength and efficiency to max out the damage of his first power, which also scales with melee mods for really good damage. Chroma tends to build for tankiness, with some power strength and duration, which allows him to use his abilities to excel at melee combat. Equinox is also quite odd, I think most mod it a mix for duration, range and efficiency, which allows use of most of their skills.

Valkyr's Hysteria is now a toggle, and scales with melee mods, instead of melee weapons, which makes her really strong. She usually mods for a Mix of Strength duration and efficiency. Saryn has recently gotten some interesting tweaks, so there's not quite a solidified build yet, though I do know she needs high duration. In Ember's case, she usually mods for strength, duration and efficiency.

One of the bigger changes that have come along recently is the one or channeled(toggle) abilities in 17.5. Duration now plays a role in increasing efficiency for these skills. if you want a fairly good explanation on how it works, I made an article for me site around the time it happened. You can find that article here: http://www.tennoarmory.com/17-5-changes-to-toggle-abilities/

There's also these group you can ally with called Syndicates. Basically as you gain affinity normally, if you wear one of their logos/sigils.. You gain rep for them. They sell a wide array of augment mods, which alter warframe powers, or give boosts to favored weapons of that syndicate. They add quite a bit of power to your frames, and powers in general.

Probably a lot of info, But I think that just about cover most of the stuff you missed out on.