Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Ideas On How To Make Mag And Volt's Abilities Scale

Anatolius

Mag was actually on that track when you look at her Crush augment. Of course, because it didnt fit with her other abilities (as a frame that centers around range) it was basically.. useless. As we know, not every ult is useless if its the "wrong" type (Nyx does magnetic but it can scale so high that its element becomes irrelevant).

What Volt and Mag (and most frames) need is scaling.

You could make up special concept for warframes that help constitute some kind of scaling.

Mag for example could have an electromagnetic affect on enemies. Any time you use an ability on an enemy, they are "magnetized". They can be magnetized up to 3 times, which makes that enemy weaker to continuous exposure to magnetic damage and Mag's abilities as a whole. Example: if you pull on an enemy, they become more susceptible to her abilities and magnetic weapons.

Volt could get something along the lines of a "generator". The more energy you have, the stronger your ability gets.

This is a very raw and fake situation dont take it seriously its OP I am sure. I am not that great at math

So if you have max energy when you use Overload (150 energy), then you get an X% buff. It creates a percentage based on your base energy + the percentage of energy over your base (for you flow users) So if your base is 150 energy + Flow then:  energy upon ability activation/ total energy + energy upon activation/base

Volt Prime + Primed Flow: (850/850+ 850/300)= 100%+283%= +383% increase in damage

... Ok that is a bit much but its the concept that counts! (maybe if it capped off at 300% it wouldnt be so bad)

You could use the same concept for Mag were more shields empower her abilities.

A somewhat fun (and maybe annoying) idea for Volt could be a static idea. For every X meters you run/walk/travel you get a buff to all your abilities that slowly degrades as you use your abilities (its like rubbing your feet on carpet and you build up static in your body) Each ability uses up a given amount of that static (shock uses a little while Overload uses alot. Affected by efficiency mods)This could be a passive.

I hope that these are creative ways of use these frames.

Not a fan of this idea for mag. She'll be getting a mini rework/tweaking soon, and what she REALLY needs is viability for grineer and infested missions. Yes- pull affects everyone. Bullet attractor is bad as a whole. Crush is focused around getting rid of armor which is ok for grineer but since you have to get close is kinda.... dangerous. Really when it comes to grineer 2/4 skills are useless, and for infested more like 3/4. It's ok for a frame to be more focused on a certain faction, but volt does a good job of that- mag is too far spec'd for corpus.

I've seen this "more energy = more powerful" suggestion for volt more than one time recently. I don't mind the suggestion, but I will say one thing. It needs to be based on your % TOTAL energy- NOT base. Discriminating heavily in viability against people who do not have primed flow is a bad bad thing.

On the static idea... idk. Sounds ok. Promotes movement which is good. As long as there's a hard cap it should be fine. I just don't want volt to end up overpowered, because frankly, he is near-perfect where he is now. All he really needs is an overload cast time speedup and stun increase.

As for the "more shields = more power" idea for mag. I say no. Makes no sense really tbh, and when is a mag not at full shields in reality (other than a bad scenario in a grineer mission...).

Not a fan of this idea for mag. She'll be getting a mini rework/tweaking soon, and what she REALLY needs is viability for grineer and infested missions. Yes- pull affects everyone. Bullet attractor is bad as a whole. Crush is focused around getting rid of armor which is ok for grineer but since you have to get close is kinda.... dangerous. Really when it comes to grineer 2/4 skills are useless, and for infested more like 3/4. It's ok for a frame to be more focused on a certain faction, but volt does a good job of that- mag is too far spec'd for corpus.

I've seen this "more energy = more powerful" suggestion for volt more than one time recently. I don't mind the suggestion, but I will say one thing. It needs to be based on your % TOTAL energy- NOT base. Discriminating heavily in viability against people who do not have primed flow is a bad bad thing.

On the static idea... idk. Sounds ok. Promotes movement which is good. As long as there's a hard cap it should be fine. I just don't want volt to end up overpowered, because frankly, he is near-perfect where he is now. All he really needs is an overload cast time speedup and stun increase.

As for the "more shields = more power" idea for mag. I say no. Makes no sense really tbh, and when is a mag not at full shields in reality (other than a bad scenario in a grineer mission...).

I also want Mag to be more versatile. I get what you are say. Volt does it better as a whole. I know she is getting a rework but how they plan to do it, I dunno. Its a toss up.

I agree on my energy idea (I thought I was being clever!!) But I understand this aswell. As for the static idea of course I would want it to be capped off. Honestly Volt just needs a little push. Not a whole rework but some tweaks to his Ult would be greatly appreciated.

in total agreement