Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Augmenting Slots

Lord_LongFace

I was thinking about my mod setup for saryn, and found out that my regenative mold just barely could fit into the build. Then I began questioning the idea of an augment mod slot. Told that to a friend of mine, and while discussing the OP-ness of this, we came across a fun concept:

You get not one, but TWO augment slots, and each combo of augments put in gives a thirt, unique effect.

This could include combos the like of:

Rhino's ironclad charge with his shrapnel iron skin combining to detonate the iron skin at the end of a charge, amd everyone hit gives the armor rating buff.

Excaliburs slash dash plus his radial javelin combining to combo counters for melee when hitting with javelin.

Nyxs chaos bubble and mind control, making your minion a chaos totem.

Zephyrs tornados and slipstream augment combining so that your tornadoes give the movementspeed buff.

Frosts ice path slow and frost globe freeze to a ice path that slowly freezes enemys, like atlas' pertify.

Embers firestorm and fireball augments so that the fire pires stay longer, and when you walk through them you get a fire aura for low damage but moderate status chance.

And MANY more!

I thought that this concept could make the game that more customiseable, and making some builds even more versitile and fun

Ofcourse there need to be some extra augments to flesh this more out, and carefull planing on what combo does what to not make things OP, but as a concept I am really liking this idea!

Any feedback?

Plus the fact that they intend to remove augments with the Focus system... But well this will come only in a distant future.

Omg is there more info about the Focus system? Might like to see these kind of effects in it IMO. Some extra effects could turn a normal boring power like mind control and make it a more utility based power. (I already like the mind control augment. It casts the question; who is the pet?)

Anyway, if focus keeps canabalising itself, it would be nice to get that slot anyway, even if there are not going to be combos.

Pretty much sure this has been discussed before though the combo.. might be too op for now

For early game, some combos are indeed very strong. Yet for late game, even when Rhino is getting buffed with his new skin, and even with the wombo combo AOE armor steal thing, he will still die. Others might give TO much control, but then again, its more about the concept. What kind of combos DE could make, that is in their choice.

Devs already have trouble making enough augment, planning every combo would be even harder and would never appear in game.

And anyway, bad idea to me.

Having an augment slot would be great but, not vital imo.

Bad idea because there can be more synergy between powers?

True we need reworks for that, but honestly, some frames are fun to play but dont do nearly enough with their powers.

Bad idea because there can be more synergy between powers?

Wait... where the F*CK did i say that ?

I do enjoy when a frame has a lot of synergy between its abilities, but this is just f*cking hard to implement, and considering the fact they already have trouble making augments, doing something like this would take them forever.

Also, I would prefer them working on stuff like focus rather than something non important like this.

That's just my opinion.

Wait... where the F*CK did i say that ?

I do enjoy when a frame has a lot of synergy between its abilities, but this is just f*cking hard to implement, and considering the fact they already have trouble making augments, doing something like this would take them forever.

Also, I would prefer them working on stuff like focus rather than something non important like this.

That's just my opinion.

Yeah, if focus finally CAN become a thing, I would like to see augment mods go away and that you can alter your abilities with the focus. However, If focus never comes out, then i think this is second best.

Thought that you ment that some abilities get TO much synegry with this, like, in OP CC and DPS range. Synergy is good, but if a frame becomes to good, then the game isnt fun anymore.

Thats also why the sentients are coming back i think.