The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

I Can't Bullet Jump At All....

Yutouya

I was just updating the game to check in on all the bug fixes after I missed the hotfix the other day. And I first noticed that I couldn't bullet jump on my liset or in the relays.
Weird, I thought, maybe they disabled it for non mission areas or something.
Went into a void mission with a friend and noticed that I couldn't bullet jump at all in missions either.
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I'm pretty sure that after resetting all of my controls to the defaults and looking at the layout that I'm not inputting anything wrong. I'm not sure if it's my computer. 
All I know is that I really can't play like this.
So, if someone could help me out, it would really be appreciated...I'll just try restarting my computer to see if that will do me any good.

If your control settings are fine, try it with another keyboard or a controller if you can. We might be able to help you from there.

Also, have you tried the three different controls for it? One can be done by walk > crouch > jump, the second is done with sprint > crouch > jump, and the third is just launching while crouching on the spot. Also try it with both hold crouch and toggle crouch keys if you can.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

If your control settings are fine, try it with another keyboard or a controller if you can. We might be able to help you from there.

Also, have you tried the three different controls for it? One can be done by walk > crouch > jump, the second is done with sprint > crouch > jump, and the third is just launching while crouching on the spot. Also try it with both hold crouch and toggle crouch keys if you can.

After a little bit of tweaking, the toggle crouch to jump works. 

But no matter what other button I make hold crouch to, it won't let me bullet jump in that way.

I mean, I can adapt to toggle crouch, but any reason why it suddenly changed to something like that?

Also, using keyboard.

After a little bit of tweaking, the toggle crouch to jump works. 

But no matter what other button I make hold crouch to, it won't let me bullet jump in that way.

I mean, I can adapt to toggle crouch, but any reason why it suddenly changed to something like that?

Also, using keyboard.

I'm not really sure why that would be the case.

I have something similar though. It works for me with crouch hold and toggle, but my slide attacks only work with toggle crouch, and they don't work at all in Archwing. Maybe it's connected, I dunno. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I'm not really sure why that would be the case.

I have something similar though. It works for me with crouch hold and toggle, but my slide attacks only work with toggle crouch, and they don't work at all in Archwing. Maybe it's connected, I dunno. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Okay, thanks. I'm just baffled, lol. 

It could be keyboard ghosting. The way that most keyboards are wired, they can only register a certain number of keys being pressed at the same time. 

See this and check to see if the controls you're using are not compatible with your keyboard:

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/KeyboardGhostingDemo.mspx

For example, try all 4 diagonal directions (WA/ AS / SD / DW) in combination with sprint, jump, and crouch all at the same time. There's a fair chance that one of those keys will not register when all 5+ of them are pressed at the same time.

If this is the case, play around with your control scheme to see if you can use a set of keys that do not conflict with eachother on your specific keyboard. Otherwise, buy a new keyboard and look for the feature "NKRO" or N key rollover, implying that an unlimited number of keys may be pressed at the same time. Or 6KRO or higher. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)

Edited by Pythadragon