Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choose Host When Building A Squad

Xylia

Exactly as the thread title says.

I have a close friend who got me into this game and we game together a lot.

I'll log in, we'll squad up and we start a mission.

Problem: It almost always gives HIM the host instead of me. He's on, what seems to be, a 2Mbps downstream connection; mine's a 3Mbps downstream. I think his upstream is 500kbps, mine I believe is 700 or 750kbps.

MOST of the time, the lag is acceptable. However, he gets these ridiculous upstream lag spikes and my damage absolutely suffers whenever I go to shoot at something and then suddenly it "teleports" halfway across the room. I hit a crate and the items hover above the crate for 2-3 seconds, etc.

We'd like a button that allows someone set themselves as "Host" so that the squad can choose who is hosting. Also, when doing Online random Squad games, give us two buttons:

"I'd like to host."

"I'd not like to host."

Or whatever exactly you want to call these buttons.

If you click the "I'd like to host", the game is more likely to make YOU host the match whenever possible. If you click "I'd not like to host", then the game attempts to find someone who clicked the "I'd like to host" instead whenever possible. That way, players who are on a good connection can choose to host the game more often. If multiple people in the squad clicked "I'd like to host" then it just randomly selects one, just the same as if all 4 people clicked "I'd not like to".

OR

We could do something like how you tell Warframe in the config screen what your Upstream speed is. It'd pick the person with the fastest Upstream to host the match. If you don't know your Upstream, then just leave the box blank and the game would assume the lowest value and you'd not likely host games (you could also do this if you have a weaker computer that can't handle hosting duties) unless all 4 people left the box blank (then it'd pick one at random).

EDIT: Also, PLEASE tell us in the group health screen who the Host is. I hate having to do latency tests to figure out whether or not I'm the host.

EDIT2: Could also give us a voluntary Migrate Host vote option, where you can vote in the Group Health pullout to migrate the host to another squad member. That way, if everybody is lagging horribly, we can say "Uh guys, lemme host please." Then everybody votes and the Host Migration happens then the mission can resume lagfree.

Edited by Xylia

10x yes, some games are so laggy its a poor experience. The ability to choose host would be great,

as a side note I think we need a better lobby interface, a box with information of who is in the lobby and who is the host would be so much easier.

I play with friends most of the time and it is tough to figure out who is hosting and if everyone is in the lobby. 

The whole squad UI needs some more info :)

Other than that love this damn game!!

About you and you're friend, if you join his session he will be host, if he joins you, then you will be the host.

As for online, sometimes you will join an already starting mission, but if that doesn't happen and you join before and have to wait along with the rest, then instead of a button "I wan't to be the host" perhaps the game itself figure out who is more suited to be host.