Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Touch-Up Suggestions For Vauban

RavenousPartyLibrarian

Or more straight buffs, really.

As it is now, I think most frames are in a pretty good spot. But if there was one frame I'd say needed some love, it'd have to be Vauban. So, earlier today when I had nothing to do, I gave it some thought. Here are some suggestions I ended up with:

Stats

First off, I'm pretty sure his stats is inferior to any other frame right now.

75 shields

100 health

50 armor

150 power

1.0 sprint speed

Let's compare that to Ember, for example:

100 shields

100 health

100 armor

150 power

1.1 sprint speed

Now that's just unfair.

Now it might just be me, but I wish Vauban was half as beefy as he looked.

So... let's say... a modest 175 armor total could do. Yep, I think that would be fair.

Alright, so... onto the abilities!

I decided not to switch out abilities and put in new ones, just boost the ones he has.

Nothing major. Except for bounce. Bounce got changed up... a lot.

Tesla

Tesla right now is pretty straight-forward. It deals a little bit of electricity damage every three seconds to the nearest enemy.

First off, increase that damage, make it purely charge-based instead of set charges + duration, and give it a 100% proc chance.

To make it not-useless when no enemies are around, and to give it some sort of stacking mechanic, I propose the following:

Teslas unload a charge every three seconds like before. If no enemy is around to be targeted, the charge will still be consumed, and will instead charge the Tesla with a stackable +25% damage on the next successful attack.

If another Tesla is nearby, the first Tesla will instead zap the second Tesla, transferring the charge it uses up to that Tesla, while still giving it a +25% damage bonus.

If a Vortex is nearby, and there is no target enemy or Tesla, the Tesla may instead charge the Vortex to restore some duration and give it a temporary damage bonus.

Bounce

Now, bounce is in a pretty bad spot.

As a mobility tool, it's pretty much... redundant. I mean... bullet jumping gets you further.

As an offensive/utility tool, your other abilities are usually a better bet.

So, I say we make some major changes to this ability. I guess you could say it's a new ability at this point.

The new ability will be a like small restore. When deployed (in the traditional orb fashion, of course), it will generate either an energy sphere, a health sphere, or a small supply of ammo (of all kinds).

Additionally, all loot crates and supply lockers in a small area around where it's deployed will be opened, regardless of how locked they are.

And if cast directly on a panel, it will automatically get hacked. Utility.

Finally, to retain it's original functionality to some degree, the restore pad can be destroyed by a player, which will make it explode. If within range, the player who destroyed it will be launched far up into the sky. This makes the whole bouncing thing optional. Which is nice, if you meet a notorious Trollban.

Bastille

Bastille is fine. I like Bastille.

I can't think of what to do with it, other than to give it better synergy with other abilities.

Which I will address in the Vortex tab.

Yep.

Maybe slightly increase it's range? Would that be overkill?

Vortex

First off, give the Vortex an additional radius that is far larger than the vortex itself, in which enemies are slowly pulled towards it. They can still move around, but they'll be drawn slightly towards it.

If an enemy within the radius doesn't leave it within three seconds of entering it, they will trip, fall, and be drawn towards it at a faster rate. Eventually, they'll be sucked into the vortex.

Now, Vortex is already a nice ability. Bastille and Vortex are nice abilities, BUT...

Why does Vauban need both? They serve pretty similar purposes.

I propose the following changes, to give them any reason at all to be used together:

An enemy caught in Bastille will still be drawn towards the Vortex by its surrounding radius, at the same rate as an enemy that has fallen over.

If the Vortex and the Bastille overlaps, and an enemy is caught between the two, the enemy will be torn at by the conflicting forces.

This will deal some additional damage. For this bonus damage to be slash damage would be nice, for two reasons:

One, it would make Vortex's damage more viable against other enemy types, and...

It would be pretty cool for the enemies to be torn in half.

That's all I have for now.

Thanks for presumably reading.