The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rebind Stealth Kills To The Interact Key Instead Of Quick Melee

Scylax

Stealth kills have a really annoying problem with how they're initiated. If you're holding down the quick melee key already when you walk by an enemy that you can stealth kill, it will initiate the stealth kill even though you pressed the quick melee key long ago. This is really annoying when trying to slide attack a group of unsuspecting enemies and then whoops you end up "stealth" killing one enemy and get spotted by the others while you're stuck in an animation instead of plowing through the lot of them. This has happened to me countless times and it's really annoying.

Sure you could fix it to where it only initiates when you press quick melee while the prompt is up, but then you run into the issue of "Oh I want to slide attack really close to this enemy" and oops you press F next to a guy that can be stealth killed and you initiate a stealth kill instead of a slide attack or "I want to attack this enemy regularly instead of stealth killing him" (quicker to jab them if it's a 1-hit kill than it is to play the stealth kill animation) but can't. The easiest solution is just to bind stealth kills to the interact key. No harm, no foul, no issues whatsoever, and everyone walks away happy.

+1 from me. I really, really don't like finishers, they feel terrible, they are one of the worst thing you can shove into a game about fluid movement, I already get enough loss of control from my enemies and I don't need to do it to myself too... but I main excalibur and blind is an integral part of him.

That being said there's also a growing problem of too many things on the interact key, which leads to things like accidentally telling your syndicate buddies to wait near the beginning of the mission while opening lockers.

Edited by rapt0rman

Personally I think the way finishers are implemented is crap. Finishers should ONLY trigger if a normal melee attack would not kill the target, otherwise it simply slows you down. This is a very serious inconvenience which makes blinds counterproductive in anything that is not lvl50+.

• 1 month later...