Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Should Be Considered While Reworking Ash's Ultimate

Yazeth

If you haven't heard it already, Ash's 4 ability is going to be reworked. This is a quick message to DE to tell them what they need to consider about the ability that I feel are vital for him.

1) Damage & Bleed procs

This is a bit more of the obvious ones. Please allow Ash to deal the same, or even greater, damage after the rework, and be sure that his attacks can still proc Bleed. Also, the new ability should be able to hit one enemy multiple times and proc Bleed multiple times as well.

2) Finisher & Finisher Damage

One reason why Bladestorm is so effective is because it deals Finisher damage, which bypasses armor. Ash players have also gotten Arcane Trickery, which has a chance to proc invisibility every time Ash attacks someone with his ultimate (or performs a Finisher after Teleport). Please, make sure that his new ultimate still performs Finishers and deals Finisher damage.

3) Invincibility

While you are attacking with Bladestorm, you are invincible during the duration. This is extremely useful for Ash as it can make for a quick panic button, unlike Smoke Screen that takes a bit less than a second to have on, and even after going invisible enemies may still fire at your general direction.

The following are just Quality of Life (QoL) options that I would like to see

*1) Invincibility Period after Ability

Once you are done with Bladestorm, you instantly move back to your location. The issue here is though is that the enemy AI will instantly notice your new location and fire at you all at once. Up against high level enemies, you may get downed right after your ability ends. This is always an annoying thing for me (though, may be less of an issue for those who have Trickery). I suggest that Ash gets a 1 second invincibility period after he's done casting his ultimate in order to follow up with another action (Ultimate again, Smoke Screen, Teleport, run away, etc.).

*2) More ways to speed up attacks

Although Bladestorm can now scale off your melee's attack speed, it sort of limits you to crit weapons if you want to make full use of the bonus. My suggestion is that you have the ability to speed up the attacks through other means. In my opinion, rather than Natural Talent, I think the animation should scale off based on your Melee damage multiplier. This sorts of supports the p42w mentality, though I feel that this fits Ash well nonetheless. It also gives another reason for players to consider using Rising Storm in their builds.

And... I'm done! Hopefully, Ash's rework goes well and gives him something that he deserves.

My grammer though. :(

Edited by Yazeth

The whole reason for the Bladestorm rework is because it removes player participation.

I would give more general feedback, but you've missed the point about this, it's not a buff, it's a rework.

Edited by Kthal

The whole reason for the Bladestorm rework is because it removes player participation.

I would give more general feedback, but you've missed the point about this, it's not a buff, it's a rework.

The last 2 points were pretty much buffs, yes, but the first 3 are stuff that Ash already has, and I would like for those elements to exist within the rework, rather than removed if it so happens.

They just want to stop the "throw up cam" lol. I mean he could do something like summon clones to do finisher damage and be invincible while still fighting but maybe a bit OP?

That's the thing. Clones may not work well due to DE's wonk AI, and if you are able to proc Trickery, have invincibility, and use your guns at the same time then that's a huge issue. Depending on how large the rework is, it may ask for elements of Bladestorm to be removed, which is my biggest worry atm.

Well, if they just are changing how the camera works, then I'm fine with it. Though, we don't have much info on that, unless we do?

Edited by Yazeth

If the cam 

That's the thing. Clones may not work well due to DE's wonk AI, and if you are able to proc Trickery, have invincibility, and use your guns at the same time then that's a huge issue. Depending on how large the rework is, it may ask for elements of Bladestorm to be removed, which is my biggest worry atm.

Well, if they just are changing how the camera works, then I'm fine with it. Though, we don't have much info on that, unless we do?

If the cam would zoom out far enough while hes doing it will that fix it? Ive noticed that sometimes your killing one enemy and there's another behind and he's getting stabbed as well....

YES! +1

Arcane Trickery should be respected and considered from DE to the community although I see not too many who really care about this I will defend it till I DIE. DE should respect the fact that its best suited for Ash, I do hear alot of people yell out that Arcane Trickery shouldnt be relied upon and its a Bandaid but Koga says. 

SOO WHAT!

Let Me play how I wish, if You dont like it I respect that dont utilize it but dont ruin others from making the choice of Enhancing there Ash with Arcane Trickery because some of You believe Arcane Trickery is a Bandaid it is only a Bandaid for those of You who keep modding Your Ash for Pure Strength Efficiency and Range. Im abit tired of posting My builds and I will not post them anymore unless people really wish to learn the Ways of Kogas Stealth which render My Ash just as Squishy as Loki but grants me Longer Invisibility then the majority of Lokis in the Community

17 second Smoke Screen and Arcane Trickery to compliment gives Me37 seconds but I can stack them on each other and stay invis for long periods of time and take the least damage in game.

I thank You for understanding and respecting Ash players and mentioning this very important piece of Enhancement not Bandaid.