Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Undertale, And Why Do People Praise It So Much?

Kratos

I could see why you might dislike the community just by looking at this thread.

Nah, I disliked it before this thread (but yes, the amount of unfunny memes and Tumblr-itis does play a factor).

It was in this very forum that I said on a thread that Undertale wasn't my kind of game.

Response by a person: "It's okay, not everyone wants to see perfection".

Yeah "perfection".

Nah, I disliked it before this thread (but yes, the amount of unfunny memes and Tumblr-itis does play a factor).

It was in this very forum that I said on a thread that Undertale wasn't my kind of game.

Response by a person: "It's okay, not everyone wants to see perfection".

Yeah "perfection".

I think the vids are funny tbh. It's just something I like to watch when I need to cheer up and they always make me laugh

I know I'll get hate but.....

Undertale is a decent game with a interesting mechanic that gets raised above more than it should. Yes you have three paths: genocide, pacifist, and neutral. Now unless you've seen/been told. Your first blind run will be neutral. Along with that it uses the random encounter type of RPG which to some may be nice to others it'll be a bother. The story is a interesting one where as a human you are the monster to well monsters. A bit ironic but kinda seen before. One thing to note is the fandom of the game seems very adamant on a few things and that in turn pushes away a few. It's either you do pacifist or genocide or you're doing it wrong seems you can't play the game your way. I'm sure it's a 10/10 for some but to me it's a 5/10 it's an average game with a decent story and well made mechanics that in turn seem to have gotten a fandom that's as vicious as the sonic fandom.

Take it as you wish.

Honestly it isn't my kinda game, I've seen my friend play it and it does look pretty good. The only thing I dislike about it is the community. 

I get it. I feel the same way about a certain community/fandom too, but for me, the community/fandom turned me away.