Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unarmed Combat Skills- Could It Be A Possibility In The Future? Really Hope So..

Trickster-_-

Yes i know everyone likes melee usage better than unarmed combat against enemy factions, for obvious reasons, first one being, breaking your fists trying to punch through that grineer armor or that infested hard flesh or getting zapped by a few thousands of volts of electricity from the corpus tin cans..

Well I was hoping warframe would some day in future could get some kinda new skill set for all players that provides players a new experience via unarmed combat against enemies and against other players too..

Martial arts skills 1.0 - hopefully for warframes somewhere in the near future..

Just few crazy combos and moves sets that players could or should achieve in order to actually start using melee in the game.. Something like a starter skill set that one must earn in order to get to use the many different crazy looking melee weapons which warframe has to offer..

Seems Pretty lame? knowing that we use warframes for crying out loud which already have pre- programmed sense of martial arts and use of deadly weapons as soon as we get a melee stance of-course ..HAHA..

But it would be pretty cool to actually take out enemies without any melee, as in, unarmed combat..

Of course this would mean warframes getting a new skill set which has its own ranking system.. its own way of earning experience points in order to rank up the unarmed combat skill set.. which in turn could possibly replace the XP lock system for weapons in the market for when the new players who start the game..

Earn unarmed xp points to rank up your skill set , unlock the melee that needs that rank to achieve that..

And yea this idea would mean only replacing the system for xp lock on melee weapons that can be bought .. and not applicable for primary and secondary weapons..

Who knows.. these new skill sets could be used as a means of creating extra damage points or bonus damage points for the already existing melee depending on the rank of unarmed skill that is acquired ... higher the rank in unarmed combat skills higher the bonus percentage for melee base damage or melee crt. multipliers may be..

Also get in some new enemy types which use the same skills to test out the reactions and reflexes of each player and their unarmed combat skills..

May be a recording option for unarmed skill moves in dojo duel rooms to watch the replay of you and your friends goin head to head with some crazy NINJA moves..

Well i don't know about the rest of you guys but i would like to use some crazy kickass martial arts skills like Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, kicking it out against enemy factions and all that..

Hope this unarmed combat and martial arts skill sets would or could make it to the game some day in the future..

P.S.

If this idea for unarmed combat is a possibility, then please do not make anymore stances for unarmed combat skill... PLEASE AAA.. keep it simple.. earn xp points or mastery points get your ninja belts accordingly one by one..

And yeah if this idea is gonna happen then dont put it in along with the Teshin conclave PVP only dippidee doo daa..

let be a skill set to be earned at the begining of the game when a new player starts.. and the higher ranks can be achieved may be somewhere like a place called the DOJO, the clan dojo.. great place to hang out and definitely needs more love, these dojos ..

OOH i know make the xp earning to be via clan members battling it out to earn or learn and get to higher ranks in the dojo.. Higher the rank, more new moves and combos to try out in the coop missions.. That seems right i guess..

Well that was the lengthy a** brain storm that i had and wanted to share this not so unique idea with you tennos..

Thank ye..

Mhhh.... Meh.

Fact is, when you have melee as we do, unarmed combat is pointless. If you want to throw punches and stuff, get the kogake or the tekko.

The leveling up idea doesnt seem that bad though. Kind of a "melee proficiency" thing, with bonus to melee. Yeah, that is cool.

Edited by tnccs215

Unarmed combat should really just be something that exists as a relatively underpowered means of fighting in case a Drahk Master takes all your weapons (which under current systems I think would require not having a melee weapon, which itself could perhaps use a buttstroke/pistolwhip for similar purposes) so you aren't completely helpless, but I wouldn't say it should be any kind of complex system. Maybe just a simple relatively low impact damage with a decent chance of impact proc. We have melee weapons after all, including ones that are pretty much just augmentations to unarmed melee combat (Kogake and Obex, Tekko to a lesser extent, and Ankyros and Furax to an even lesser extent).

Edited by Tails-san

I strongly agree with the Topic Creator. 

There are various instances in which one might choose or otherwise find themselves without a melee weapon:

Intentionally because:

- Trying to level up other weapons

- You are a Mesa and don't melee much so you prefer to take the health buff passive that she gets for not bringing a knife to a gun fight

- Showing off

Forced to because:

-Disarmed by Drahk

-You are disarmed in PvP by another player (in future perhaps Halikor or Mesa with augment might be able to disarm)

-Been Harvested by Zunika and doing that escape from Jupiter mini-quest (and other possible similarly scripted sequences)

-You are doing a Tactical Alert (or those future Sortie missions with U18 that will have similar restrictions) that prevent equipping of melee.

Ergo: I would love to have cool stances and combos for when one finds themselves without melee weapons. As bonafied Badasses, an unarmed Tenno should be disadvantaged but far from defenseless. 

Edited by TennoSimons

I strongly agree with the Topic Creator. 

There are various instances in which one might choose or otherwise find themselves without a melee weapon:

Intentionally because:

- Trying to level up other weapons

- You are a Mesa and don't melee much so you prefer to take the health buff passive that she gets for not bringing a knife to a gun fight

- Showing off

Forced to because:

-Disarmed by Drahk

-You are disarmed in PvP by another player (in future perhaps Halikor or Mesa with augment might be able to disarm)

-Been Harvested by Zunika and doing that escape from Jupiter mini-quest (and other possible similarly scripted sequences)

-You are doing a Tactical Alert (or those future Sortie missions with U18 that will have similar restrictions) that prevent equipping of melee.

Ergo: I would love to have cool stances and combos for when one finds themselves without melee weapons. As bonafied Badasses, an unarmed Tenno should be disadvantaged but far from defenseless. 

meh. guess so. to be honest, its rather annoying to be rendered defenceless when disarmed. So yes, maybe it should be implemented, but more because "you always have your fists", than has an important ingame mechanic.

But the kogake and obex are already pretty much "unarmed combat" and martial art styles. I don't think "unarmed" should have combos and stuff, because that's the point of "unarmed", you don't have a weapon. You want to use martial art style, you use the sparring weapon type.

If you made some kind of skill tree for unarmed/martial art, people would want that kind of progression tree for weapons as well, which would be way too much work for the developers, doing it for every weapon type and every combat style with each weapon. It wouldn't be a good idea to restrict people from using a whole new gameplay mechanic and progression just because they don't like that unarmed style and prefer weapons. It's as if only a certain frame had a progression skill tree that takes time to lvl up and you get cool new skills, but it's the only frame to have that. Of course you would want it on every frame.

This is stupid, if they even have this feature it would most likely b weak as heck because if it was OP strong then y do we need melee weapons? And if it's for leveling weapons it would still be stupid because ur just going to enter a Draco map with lvl 0 guns and nothing but default melee? Really? It's like DE giving u the right to leech. Melee weapon was already DE's answer to situations when u r weaponless.

Why would u enter a game without any melee anyways? To level? Then u better hope u bring something to carry urself.

Hahaha.. yes yes yes.. all of you nah sayers and yeh sayers have your own point.. But then as i mentioned before.. It should or could be mostly part of the dojo arena or dueling rooms to increase ones unarmed combat skills.. and yes unarmed combat is gonna be weaker than the melee obviously.. but the whole point i was trying to make is that we should have a choice of goin into a mission bare handed and still be able to use just our powers and just our hands and legs to get out of tight situations which could bring in a new kind of game experience in it all together..

Thats where the higher ranks earned in unarmed combats give higher bonus damages for melees come into action..

and no!! kogake ankyros obex blah blah blah  dont count as unarmed cos they re still a melee as well with a separate stance mod to do at max just few combos..

When i say combos and martial arts as a ninja I would like to acquire more of a personal skill set of fighting as a ninja apart from just using a warframe and a op rifle to show off that i too have the latest stuff that got released and that i too have formad it like 5-8 times.. NOT!!

The whole point of this topic was not to make it more hectic for the developers to make a new sort of combat TREE or anything like that.. just a separate options for unarmed combat meaning no use of melee what so ever.. We do already have the option of unequipping any chosen weapon and going into a mission with just 1 weapon by default right... why not make that default also go away and we can go in to a mission just with the warframe and his or her given set of incredible powers and no weapons to create a more of a challenge for ourselves hmm ?

Ofcourse i would like a ranking system where i can earn a new higher combo as I reach the next higher rank in unarmed combat you know what i mean.. 

And @ chamonglee..- Theres nothing stupid about this idea of unarmed combat.. and no..... the xp points are awarded in dojo dueling rooms ONLY.. cant get those special xp for unarmed combat by grinding on draco .. LOL obviously .. who wouldnt go there

so.. no.. the unarmed combat xp points must be earned via combat with clan members or other higher ranked martial art players from other clans..

This my friend would create more interactions with other players and filling up of dojos which are for most part of the game just used as a research lab to get blue prints..

If this combat ranking systems comes to dojos we could mostly have ingame challenges coming from player to player to go to the host dojo for a sparing match which would in return gift you with some bonus xp for getting close to your next highest rank..

And still NOOO... I dont want this idea implemented to the PVP conclave system of the game where anything and everything that happens in pvp stays in pvp.. and not being able to use those special mods and skills in the main part of this CO-OP game called WARFRAME ..

It would be nice to see players challenging players creating their own tournaments within their own clans and inviting other clans to the open tournaments..

I dont know.. may be im trying to prove my point too much.... but...haha

I just wanted a choice where i can go unarmed into the missions with some skill set that wont get me killed and would still let me keep my dignity as a tenno ninja.. and still have some great game experience..

anyways.. I hope I was clear .. Not sure how many comments i might get for this reply now.. hehehe

Thanks again guys for atleast reading this topic..

Hahaha.. yes yes yes.. all of you nah sayers and yeh sayers have your own point.. But then as i mentioned before.. It should or could be mostly part of the dojo arena or dueling rooms to increase ones unarmed combat skills.. and yes unarmed combat is gonna be weaker than the melee obviously.. but the whole point i was trying to make is that we should have a choice of goin into a mission bare handed and still be able to use just our powers and just our hands and legs to get out of tight situations which could bring in a new kind of game experience in it all together..

Thats where the higher ranks earned in unarmed combats give higher bonus damages for melees come into action..

and no!! kogake ankyros obex blah blah blah dont count as unarmed cos they re still a melee as well with a separate stance mod to do at max just few combos..

When i say combos and martial arts as a ninja I would like to acquire more of a personal skill set of fighting as a ninja apart from just using a warframe and a op rifle to show off that i too have the latest stuff that got released and that i too have formad it like 5-8 times.. NOT!!

The whole point of this topic was not to make it more hectic for the developers to make a new sort of combat TREE or anything like that.. just a separate options for unarmed combat meaning no use of melee what so ever.. We do already have the option of unequipping any chosen weapon and going into a mission with just 1 weapon by default right... why not make that default also go away and we can go in to a mission just with the warframe and his or her given set of incredible powers and no weapons to create a more of a challenge for ourselves hmm ?

Ofcourse i would like a ranking system where i can earn a new higher combo as I reach the next higher rank in unarmed combat you know what i mean..

And @ chamonglee..- Theres nothing stupid about this idea of unarmed combat.. and no..... the xp points are awarded in dojo dueling rooms ONLY.. cant get those special xp for unarmed combat by grinding on draco .. LOL obviously .. who wouldnt go there

so.. no.. the unarmed combat xp points must be earned via combat with clan members or other higher ranked martial art players from other clans..

This my friend would create more interactions with other players and filling up of dojos which are for most part of the game just used as a research lab to get blue prints..

If this combat ranking systems comes to dojos we could mostly have ingame challenges coming from player to player to go to the host dojo for a sparing match which would in return gift you with some bonus xp for getting close to your next highest rank..

And still NOOO... I dont want this idea implemented to the PVP conclave system of the game where anything and everything that happens in pvp stays in pvp.. and not being able to use those special mods and skills in the main part of this CO-OP game called WARFRAME ..

It would be nice to see players challenging players creating their own tournaments within their own clans and inviting other clans to the open tournaments..

I dont know.. may be im trying to prove my point too much.... but...haha

I just wanted a choice where i can go unarmed into the missions with some skill set that wont get me killed and would still let me keep my dignity as a tenno ninja.. and still have some great game experience..

anyways.. I hope I was clear .. Not sure how many comments i might get for this reply now.. hehehe

Thanks again guys for atleast reading this topic..

Going into a game with just a melee is practically the same as what u r saying. I understand u want some sort of merit to show others that ur good at this so call brawl thing, but I bet players r just gonna exploit it and have their friends feed them points in the dojo to expand their combos. It's not gonna work buddy.

Basically, you just want more melee combos. Why not instead ask for more sparring weapon stances (or just more stances in general)? Maybe a stance rework where you earn them instead of finding them? Right now, you're suggesting a whole new gameplay mechanic that would work only when unarmed. I don't think many people would enjoy that. People would obviously want that same mechanic for other weapons. The sparring weapons (kogake and obex) are basically martial arts, but with protections and knuckles, because i think only Atlas could punch a warframe enemy with his bare hands and have any sort of positive result. Having more use for the dojos would be nice, but i don't think this is a solution. As chamonglee said, invite a friend and that's it, you're a sparring master and you never use that feature ever again. 

Also, if you want to make it "more challenging" for yourself, just go in a mission with only kegakes. There you go, challenge.

Daaaaayyymm.. hate it when you guys have a point..

@catacomb-- your right the whole new game mechanic would get developers mental.. also the idea about stance rework when already so many stances r there for each melee thats gonna be crazy too..

@chamonglee -- your right too about clan members helping each other out to rank up easily.. fun ruined.. lol

Like i said, I just wanted something different thats all.. was mostly using loki disarm when i got this idea

had loki prime irradiated disarm with kogake only.. was on the 3rd round draco solo running from tower to tower just to keep up with the interception percentage so that i dont lag behind the grineer.. but kogakes can only do so much damage even with grim fury and brutal tide stances.. brutal tide was what i used to get a multi hit chances on enemies crwoding me.. but still grim fury stance way better for fast combos

either way i got ganged up somewhere at 68 percent and i was leading stupid disarm made em all come and whack me with their chraged melee attack .. and done i was out..

was a challenge but then cant really go solo with weak melee more than 3 rounds on draco.. atleast not with just loki and his disarm.. i know other frames can make it with just abilities but i meant with loki the most non violent frame.. so nonviolent that his irradiated disarm is based on making enemies fight each other without him getting his hand dirty lol

Anyways yous guys do have a point.. but its always interesting to know what others think ..

And thanks again