Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time Limited Exclusives!

(PSN)Tactless_Ninja

I don't mind that it's permanently available and everyone can access it now, that's fine. I'm just annoyed because I was pressured to buy this "limited availability" Gersemi skin before it disappeared- if I'd known it would be back for good a week later, I would never have paid full price, I'd have waited for a discount. I feel that was a bit sneaky and underhanded.

Yes, the pressure DE exerted on you was unbearing. Get real.

Yes, the pressure DE exerted on you was unbearing. Get real.

Come on man, you know what I meant. When you can get something at any time there is no hurry- when it's only available temporarily it's now or never, and there's no opportunity to wait for a better deal. It was something I was interested in, but I would much rather have put it off and waited for a discount.

Currently the only thing that has changed here is how DE is selling the skin, the price hasn't moved up, or down and you aren't being pressured into buying another skin.

It seems nobody said it yet but when Nemesis skin came out, it had a 25% discount (from 200pl to 150pl, just like proto excal). Now it returned at full price so people who didn't got it back in the day have to pay 50 more plat.

It seems nobody said it yet but when Nemesis skin came out, it had a 25% discount (from 200pl to 150pl, just like proto excal). Now it returned at full price so people who didn't got it back in the day have to pay 50 more plat.

This is intresting since all other pemium skins are below 200plat, oversight maybe?

Still this applies to my second paragraph; look new item, limited time discount, it's meant to draw in new and old players to get a taste of this item. That doesn't make it a bait and switch. They draw you in yes, but the item's price doesn't go up while you are buying it and your aren't pressured into buy another more expensive item.

More likely then not DE will also offer future discounts on these skins. Probably around the holidays (just so happens there is a close one) and Warframe/DE birthdays.

Edited by Postal_pat

This thread got out of hand. I'm locking it up.

There is nothing wrong with the return of time limited items. "Time Limited Exclusive" means that after a time, they will become unavailable. That does not exclude the possibility of them returning, permanently or not.

Unlike "Founder Pack Exclusive", relating to Excal/Lato/Skana primes, that made them exclusive to the founder packages.

I'd suggest that you guys refrain from opening other threads debating the same points over and over again. Or, if you do, that you refrain from doing so in such an uncivilized manner. Nobody likes giving warning points just as nobody likes receiving them.