Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Ps4 Remote Play Coming To Pc And Mac

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-remote-play-officially-coming-to-pc-and-mac/1100-6432632/

So very recently there was this unofficial method to remote play PS4 games on your PC. Well now, Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed that Sony is getting an official version prepared:

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/670077392761716736

Keep in mind that you will need a PS4 for this to work. 

I saw this as well. I wonder how many people would use this, or if it's just to match the XB1 streaming. I think I'd be more impressed to see Remote Play for all Android Devices (not just Sony's). 

That would be awesome, Except isn't Remote Play hefty on the Data needed to stream?

Edited by Demonfr34k

I saw this as well. I wonder how many people would use this, or if it's just to match the XB1 streaming. I think I'd be more impressed to see Remote Play for all Android Devices (not just Sony's). 

You know they most likely did that on purpose to try and sell there own devices. This year the only part of Sonys hardware division that is doing well is Playstation.

Well, there is a simple problem, is it going over the internet? or a bluetooth signal?

I wish it could go over LAN

Remote play at the moment goes over wifi, with PC however it will likely be able to support LAN too. Wifi is used for the vita and other sony devices mainly because they are too compact to support an ethernet port.

Wait what would the purpose for this be?

Playing PS4 games on your computer monitor. That's really it is.

The PSVita has this system where you can play PS4/PS3 games on your PSVita 

Well originally it was concepted as a way for people to be able to play there games on the off chance they are one of the households with one main central TV and if others were using the TV then you could continue playing your games without having to move the console or find another screen.

The secondary reason for remote play is so you can play your PS4 away from home, but right now most peoples internet supply simply isn't fast enough to run it as you need ultra fast connections at both ends, so currently it is only a future proofing method. This works similarly to the Playstation now service.