The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Account Migration?

zell1997

Question

11 answers to this question

I just got a ps4 and wanted to migrate my account. I went to  the account page and there isn't an option anymore? What is going on?

They discussed this on the last dev stream (not the one today). They said they want to do another migration in the future, so watch for it. I doubt it'll be in the near/immediate future, but it'll happen again eventually from they way they talked. 

They discussed this on the last dev stream (not the one today). They said they want to do another migration in the future, so watch for it. I doubt it'll be in the near/immediate future, but it'll happen again eventually from they way they talked. 

I really hope so. Not really too happy on having to start from scratch XD

*sigh* i might as well give up warframe on ps4 let me know when they start migrating again i dont care about everything else im bored of it on ps4 now since starting from scratch is bs since i just got my ps4 1 month ago, wish they just sent a msg or code to give you a one time migration would be easier n not many people could complain.

Edited by (PS4)AdestAmanti

*sigh* i might as well give up warframe on ps4 let me know when they start migrating again i dont care about everything else im bored of it on ps4 now since starting from scratch is bs since i just got my ps4 1 month ago, wish they just sent a msg or code to give you a one time migration would be easier n not many people could complain.

They announced it everywhere, it was impossible to miss.  That being said, It's up to Microsoft or Sony to uphold the migration, Not DE.

DE is limited on account migration because it interacts with both Sony and Microsoft's stuff and if I remember right the builds on ALL platforms must be aligned to even make it possible (they used to joke and call it "connecting the rainbow bridge").

If the builds weren't aligned there'd be no guarantee that all of the newer stuff on your original PC account would work on the PS4/Xbox 1 end, and people porting over would be upset if they lost stuff while porting an account over to an older build.  It doesn't help that, by default, console builds are older builds since they have to go through certification before they make it to console players. All of this why console gets stuff later than PC, and why build alignments are so rare and difficult to accomplish. (It's also why we can't have cross-platform play.)

DE has said that another port opportunity will come, and if they're smart they'll wait until sometime after Christmas (and maybe even income tax returns) to do it, since this is when most people will be getting their new system. You'll just have to be patient.