Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fallout 4 Pre-War Dlc

(PSN)zeratul____12

If you play as a female, she was never a soldier. Unless the DLC also includes her harrowing struggles through law school.

Wrong. She was a soldier, and says something about both you and her/him settling down after their service in the holotape Codsworth gives you, not to mention in the Brotherhood of Steel's introduction with Paladin Danse you have an option to tell of your history as a soldier.

Wrong. She was a soldier, and says something about both you and her/him settling down after their service in the holotape Codsworth gives you, not to mention in the Brotherhood of Steel's introduction with Paladin Danse you have an option to tell of your history as a soldier.

Really? I'd have to check those things, but I remember specific times that they changed the dialogue when the character referred to his army career. Like, when joining the Railroad, a male character says something like "I fought for my fellow man once, this is no different" and the line was notably altered for female players to exclude any mention of former battle. I'm pretty sure she has no military career.

Really? I'd have to check those things, but I remember specific times that they changed the dialogue when the character referred to his army career. Like, when joining the Railroad, a male character says something like "I fought for my fellow man once, this is no different" and the line was notably altered for female players to exclude any mention of former battle. I'm pretty sure she has no military career.

Most of your main character's lore is pretty vague. It's possible to piece each and every single one of them up, but so far, the female protagonist one is the hardest to make sense of.

Nope, she was 100% a lawyer, and there's even a certificate for graduation from law school on a shelf in the house before the bombs kablooied the planet.

Even the Lookout states you were a lawyer.

Also, just listened to the 'Hi Honey!' holotape, and it's not referencing Lady Survivor's military service, but Nate's.

"I'll rejoin the civilian workforce, and you'll dust off your law degree."

Pretty darn certain Lady Survivor was not a soldier at all.

Most of your main character's lore is pretty vague. It's possible to piece each and every single one of them up, but so far, the female protagonist one is the hardest to make sense of.

There's several references to her obtaining a law degree. In the prologue, if the male character examines the degree, he thinks "I'm so proud of her" and if a female does, she thinks "I had to work my butt off for it, but it was worth it" - so it's clear that it's her law degree. It's also mentioned in the "hi honey!" holotape. There's not a lot else to her backstory as far as I can tell though.

There's several references to her obtaining a law degree. In the prologue, if the male character examines the degree, he thinks "I'm so proud of her" and if a female does, she thinks "I had to work my butt off for it, but it was worth it" - so it's clear that it's her law degree. It's also mentioned in the "hi honey!" holotape. There's not a lot else to her backstory as far as I can tell though.

So they could have you play both characters and switch between the two of them at intervals. It would also make your spouses death more dramatic since you've learned more about them and grow attached to them

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

So they could have you play both characters and switch between the two of them at intervals

I honestly feel this would destroy the heart of the roleplaying experience. Not that having such established characters in Fallout 4 really helps that, but that takes it a little too far, I think. That's just IMO though.

I honestly feel this would destroy the heart of the roleplaying experience. Not that having such established characters in Fallout 4 really helps that, but that takes it a little too far, I think. That's just IMO though.

I agree with what you say, but anything taking place Pre-War would have to be somewhat linear so that the universe doesn't get contradicted.

I mean Operation Anchorage was also pretty linear but we still had fun

I would love to be able to visit the Memory Den and actually get some more insight on my character's life before the nukes. That would be amazing.

That would also be another good idea.

These concepts have been basically gift wrapped for Bethesda