The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Build Oberon To Stop The Death Timer, And How To Use It?

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Question

7 answers to this question

Aparently, it is impossible.

I have this quote from TheDarkstarChimaera in Reddit:

To quote myself in a thread several months ago on Renewal:

As Oberon players know, Renewal can also slow down bleedout timers. The way this works is: increase Power Duration to increase the slow percentage. A higher percentage means more time required to go down on the timer. If you get the modifier up to 1 through power duration mods, you will halt the bleedout timer. If you get the modifier above 100%, you will reverse the timer. While this sounds amazing, it's actually pretty useless. Buffing duration to start reversing the bleedout timer will shorten the duration of Renewal, and even at max duration it will take almost 4 seconds to go back one second on the timer--and the kicker is that the Renewal effect will last for less than 4 seconds with this setup.

When you raise the bleedout modifier (which is 45% without mods) up to 1, done by using at least 223% duration, you end up with an actual duration of Renewal that's extremely short (higher duration condenses the heal into a short amount of time to give you more health back faster).

Reversing the timer has the same issue:

Maximum power duration, at +182%, will result in a bleedout modifier of -.269, which means it will take approximately 3.7 seconds to go
backwards
on the bleedout timer. However, that same power duration reduces the duration of Renewal to 3.54 seconds. This means that you can't really go back on the bleedout timer effectively.

So, yeah. It's a gimmick

Edited by Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Well, the math checks out. Should be possible. (I don't play Obi-ron too much, so I can't say for sure)

• Bleedout slow is affected by Power Duration.
  • The way the slow affects the bleedout timer depends on the value of the percentage:

• A percentage less than 100% will slow the timer as expected (e.g., a 45% slow will cause the timer to progress at 1 − 0.45 = 55% normal speed, and advancing 1 second on the timer will take ~1.82 seconds in real time).
  • A percentage equal to 100% will effectively pause the timer (i.e., the timer will progress at 1 − 1 = 0% normal speed).
  • A percentage greater than 100% will cause the timer to reverse (e.g., a 115.65% slow will cause the timer to progress at 1 − 1.1565 = −15.65% normal speed, and going back 1 second on the timer will take ~6.39 seconds in real time).
Therefore, OP, if I'm reading this correctly, your best bet is to make a build that doesn't touch power duration in any way, as the value of the percentage (I'm assuming this means your duration %) being either above or below 100% causes the bleedout timer to be slowed, not stop entirely. Good luck, and I'd like to hear your results! Edited by Mastercontrol98

To stop the timer, you effectively need infinite power duration.

And to actually reverse it, you need to go beyond infinity.

No wait no, wrong formula.

If bleedout is affected linearly, anything beyond 223% duration should actually stop it.

This means that it's actually possible to use all 3 +Duration mods and Fleeting Expertise at once.

Edited by Mofixil

When you add enough duration, Renewal will eventually stop and possibly slightly reverse the timer. However, the more duration you add, the faster his heal will end.

Here's my old bleedout stopping build:

eCaKxW0.png

The bleedout slow/stop is currently broken and it's been a while since I last tested it, but I believe the reason why I use Overextended is to reduce the healing amount; once the downed ally is fully healed, you can no longer stop his bleedout timer. With this build, you can stop and slightly reverse the bleedout about 3-4 times for 4 seconds per cast. Natural Talent will make the healing particles reach your target faster. The other mods are just a personal preference.

The Abilities window should show you the bleedout slow percent. If you can get it to 100% or more, you'll stop/reverse the bleedout.