Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 6 Test Bug Still Exists

Ophiolith

This evening, I was attempting the Rank 6 test.  First two rounds were fine, but on the third round, I missed a shot.  The target did not reset.  I looked around in abject frustration until time ran out - not a single target was illuminated.  I then did a spot of Googling, and discovered this appears to have been an issue since at least the beginning of 2014.  I can't say I'm thrilled that I'm going to have to log back in every day to try to complete a test that DE seemed to have not been able to fix for nearly two years.

To answer the inevitable question that gets asked every time this bug arises, yes, I looked everywhere.

This evening, I was attempting the Rank 6 test.  First two rounds were fine, but on the third round, I missed a shot.  The target did not reset.  I looked around in abject frustration until time ran out - not a single target was illuminated.  I then did a spot of Googling, and discovered this appears to have been an issue since at least the beginning of 2014.  I can't say I'm thrilled that I'm going to have to log back in every day to try to complete a test that DE seemed to have not been able to fix for nearly two years.

To answer the inevitable question that gets asked every time this bug arises, yes, I looked everywhere.

If no one was able to do it, nobody would be over MR 6 already. Its Easy, others did it, so can you. Check the video on wiki and just do the same steps! As simple as that, would always work 10/10.

If no one was able to do it, nobody would be over MR 6 already. Its Easy, others did it, so can you. Check the video on wiki and just do the same steps! As simple as that, would always work 10/10.

Most bugs don't have 100% repeatability, you might need to make many tries in order to get it. Eventually someone attempting to go over mr5 would get it and fail, but on the next day that person would most likely not get the same bug and than pass without signifacant problem.

Personally I have no idea if this bug exists but from op it seems there hav been many mentions of it and even if there weren't then dismissing someones bug report by saying that others didn't have it is not a great idea.

I know how to complete the test - I've passed it in the Sanctuary trial-runs several times already.  It does not always work.  Every so often, the target gets 'stuck' when transitioning and will not appear.  I understand full well that it's not a common or easily reproducible bug, but it is still a massive annoyance, especially when I have fairly limited time to sink into the game.