Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forging A New Excalibur Skin

inkwhiz

Given the name Excalibur the concept behind these skin's is to some how give him an appearance reminiscent of the legendary blade from Arthurian lore.

v1j8mFs.jpg

the forging a new Excailbur (perhaps by Teshin at the behest of the Lotus of the lake)

LtuI1Fk.jpg

Some the detail has been added with hammer and chisel, next its off to the cooling pot filled with oil just hot enough for it cool, without issue

I know I am not doing typical warframe/tenno textures here but if any one wants to run around looking like molten metal let me know. just not sure about the wisdom in uploading a whole bunch of stuff to the workshop if not even one person will want it added to warframe.

in the meantime i'll get to work on a cold steel version, need to procure or make some more brushes and patterns for photoshop first though.

the real trick will be for it to still look metal after having color applied, so far adding even just a little color with a tint mask makes it look like a different material.

You know I after some thought, Antoine, you may be right after all, and since they did offer to help... 

...first, I had him skinned by the Grineer...

idMz9uI.jpg

...then he was frozen by the Corpus.

MVxvdbw.jpg

Seeing as we don't want all of Teshins' work to go to waste, I will have to head back to the digital drawing board and see what can be salvaged.

The rest i'll feed to the infested.

I have a feeling that you didn't really understand what you're doing, you're just trying anything randomly, then made up something to justify the result. Making 3D skins are far from the hardest thing in the world, but if you didn't study and practice the matter properly, it will be a long time until you can make something proper.

You'll get better faster if you use the time to study the basics rather than keep doing things without sufficient knowledge.

• 1 month later...