The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Tested Way To Get Oxuim Real Quick For The Grattler

Lelord

Question

I've been searching for the best way to farm for oxuim so i can get the grattler , but I've been hitting bricks since all i could find on the wiki and other pages that i have to go to any corpus mission and wait for the Oxium Osprey to spawn and i would kill it and it would drop nothing (i was mistaking it for the other ospreys) , so i asked a couple of players here and there and got the best way to farm oxuim . (i hate my English)

How does it drop?

Killing Oxium Ospreys without letting them go kamikaze on , and they would do that if they got heavy damage

how do i do that? they are pretty armored and tanky , not to mention they deal a good deal of damage .

well there is the trick , Use ash prime to insta kill the oxuim spray / u can also use excal but i prefer ash since he is guaranteed to get the oxuim without getting hit by it , and compared to excal , u don't need to keep looking for the oxuim sprays , just hit ult and it will insta die . (not: he will insta kill only if modded right)

Where do they spawn?

they spawn in every corpus map, but i recommend going to Cerberus , Pluto because it spawns heavily there , also i recommend going on a team of : (2 ash prime , 1 volt and 1 mag with greedy pull) or (1 ash prime , 2 excal and 1 mag with greedy pull) or (2 excal , 1 ember prime* and 1 volt ) and yes ember is still strong as hell to destroy the oxuim sprays , volt is for capturing towers because that map is an interception mission , the mag is for collecting resources , you can also swap mag for speed or slow nova , depending on how well your team is .

how much do I get per run ? and how long should i stay?

4 rounds are enough to get from 600 - 1200 depending on how well your team is , I ran 5 runs with different teams , and i never got the same result , i also recommend u go for a double resource if you want to get the grattler so badly , unless u want to farm it for any other reason.

what weapons do recommend using ?

any weapon with puncture would be good (bolter p / t ) (t /akbolto) , elemental weapons are fine too , i prefer going with the quanta as a primary , and t/akbolto as a secondary and orthus prime as a melee but what ever u feel comfortable with use that , other people would rather to go for glaive prime , but that's up to them .

Any other notes?

ya , all of there are just my opinions , and it might have a mistake here or there , feel free to tell me if i got a mistake , and remember that the reason i originally posted this  , is that i had a hard time farming for it and basically the forums that mention oxuim farming are just Too old :D

5 answers to this question

The last time I needed Oxium, I went to Baal Europa with a squad of pre-nerf Hydroids. We were getting well over 1,000 oxium (without a booster) per 5-minute runs. Tip: Hydroid will double your Oxium drops, but Nekros is useless when farming drones like the Oxium Osprey.