Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About College.

JaysInc

So I'm looking into this college and their offering a course in Astronomy for Doctorates or Ph.D's. So I was wondering if I needed previous degrees to take this course or could I just instantly join the course.

Colleges always needs pre req's... What is your current academic level?

Pretty sure you need to do the pre req, can't get a Doc just like that without the previous degrees mate.

Well damn, I guess I need to find another college cause they only have a degree for that.

Colleges always needs pre req's... What is your current academic level?

Junior in HS

Well damn, I guess I need to find another college cause they only have a degree for that.

Junior in HS

First thing first, you would need your bachelor degrees, from there you will learn the basics of the subject, then you would need your Masters degree which you would study a lot deeper in the subject and read a lot of books about it. If you pass with nice grade, you will then proceed to your Doctor level degree, that's where you write your long @$$ stack of papers. But that's not it, as far as I know about Astronomy, your learning is never complete, the subject changes every year and dramatically, a lot of new discoveries will be made in the field. You will have to constant learning the subject if you are into it.