Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weird High Pitch Noise On Menus After Update

FfamranMiedBunansa

For some reason I am getting an weird high pitch noise when I open a menu, when I hover my mouse on something on a menu, when I open something like Foundry, Arsenal, when you open the chat, it makes the normal game sound, but it is high pitched.

The voice audio is fine thought, it only affects the menu sounds and other minor sounds in the game, I thought I was the only one with this problem but I found some people saying that they're hearing the high pitch sound to when doing menu stuffs.

It was working fine before the update, I don't know what happened. I don't know if it has something to do with some headsets or what, I am using a Turtle Beach PX21 (Stereo).

Someone else having this weird problem?

Thanks for the report, can you post a vid?

I could, but I can't guarantee about the quality neither if you guys will notice, because I THINK it's something about the Stereo Output?

I found some people who noticed the weird high pitched sounds too, and they're using Stereo Headsets/Headphones like me.

Did you guys changed something in the Audio on the update?

I did the vídeo, as I said, I don't know if you guys will notice it, it's more noticeable when I open and close, open and close, and so on the Chat window.

Actually it's more noticeable any time something pop-up in the screen, like those confirmation box when you're skipping a cinematic.

When Lotus appears on the screen, the sound it makes when her screen closes sounds like someone "saying": Psiu! (It was driving me crazy until I found from where it was coming).

They're the same game sound, but after the update they look like high pitched, I don't know, I am not crazy and I am pretty sure it wasn't this way before the update.

About the Audio Options, the thing is, my headset uses 2 "audio devices" he uses the Default (Realtek) to sound and the "Turtle Beach Device" for Chat, like, to control the volume of the Voice Output or something, so I am using the Default on the "Select Audio Output Device" like I use anywhere on my PC or others games.

There is the vídeo:

https://youtu.be/ite3g_XEimo

I hope it helps.

I can hear the sounds on the video, but I don't know if you guys will hear it.

Edited by BakuDM

Glad you made this thread, was about to make a similar thing. I'm also hearing that high pitched noise. I'm also using a 2nd audio device on my headset for voice filtering. Although i dont use the feature it is plugged in. It displays itself inside the game but i have set on the realtek onboard audio.

I did'nt really notice the sounds until i entered the foundry and start scrolling the cursor over all my blueprints. The ticking sounds allot louder than before.

Edited by CarrotSalad