The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have Potatoes Gone Extinct ?

Iskarioth

This is my first post, so go easy on me. Lately I noticed that there have been no potatoes, neither silver nor golden. Ofc I thought it's just bad luck at first but then I remembered that glorious day where two alert missions in a row rewarded me with a silver one. Shortly after that there was a hotfix. Ever snce then I haven't seen a single one of them even though I diligently looked up the drops on twitter. I know the drops are random but it's a odd. At least 2 weeks without a single potatoe recipe seems unlikely compared to the droprate before the patch. 

One might think it's a conspiracy to increase sales after DE added tons of weapons but I don't think they are that ruthless. But maybe it was due to the incident with the 2 potatoes. Perhaps they wanted to decrease the droprate after that or change something so it doesn't happen again and a bug found its way in?

Please forgive my lacking english.

A starved tenno.

yeah, i've noticed this trend too.

apparently, the alerts themselves are computer-controlled, so only the RNG gods have true power in giving out potato alerts.

and for now, it seems to be favoring forma.

i myself am waiting for another Vauban chassis alert to pop up as well.

I'm questioning if potatoes are even necessary anymore. With the addition of Forma, you can pretty much over-spec anything. I have so many mod polarities and capacity I just don't know what to do with them all.

Once you fusion up some mods past 7 things start getting tight. I do think that maybe with the new addition of forma that this has now enabled people to have maxed out mods in each slot. Possible OP or we are waiting on higher levels to fight against. I would be happy to see a lvl 100+ area outside of defense. 

That and there is waaay too much stuff in the alert system atm.

way to much stuff? you mean the ammount of scaveger artifacts u get per day? it's ridiculous this system needs a major overhaul.

90% of alerts are just a waste of time.

way to much stuff? you mean the ammount of scaveger artifacts u get per day? it's ridiculous this system needs a major overhaul.

90% of alerts are just a waste of time.

It's not even that.  There are 42 possible ? alert rewards.  It doesn't take long for the chances of anything worthwhile rarely popping up for you.

While lady luck does seem to hate me with deep passion ( daily reward was shifted for an ammo box a day to exp a day  xD) I started to wonder because ever since I started playing this game I always saw at least 1-2 every week for some time now. It's not been that long since I started so I never witnessed the CB famine. Still the change in drop rate seemed quite abrupt to me. Well might be bad luck. Let's hope other things start dropping in exchange for them. After 200 played hours a hells chamber, split chamber, just somehting rare... ah I'm getting delusional from withdrawal.

There just shouldn't be alerts without ? rewards, since there is SO much junk already set as ? reward. Look at the twitter: Ten Hours since last ? alert and surprise surprise it was yet another scavenger artifact, like a bunch before it. Let me be rewarded for playing for dang sake hahaha

It's not even that.  There are 42 possible ? alert rewards.  It doesn't take long for the chances of anything worthwhile rarely popping up for you.

Thing is this "RNG" is a joke, either you have no life or most likely you will miss something usefull.

Alert systems needs a complete revamp, with void missions the amount of cash you get is unreal so running alerts for cash is simply a waste of time.

They should make dinamic events on the alerts, giving extra resources at the end, & simply make proper "?" alerts appears more often

Yesterday in a a span time of roughly 6 hours there was just 4 x ? alerts with freaking artifacts.. 

Either you add actually interesting artifacts.. or make potatoes appear more often. Cuz at the moment im feeling extremly forced to pay for em.

I havent seen a potato in ages.

it's called rng, but it's clearly that it isn't random at all, the way things came from alerts lately seem more like credit missions got 95% chance and the others 5%

It is still random, but not uniform.

Once you fusion up some mods past 7 things start getting tight. I do think that maybe with the new addition of forma that this has now enabled people to have maxed out mods in each slot. Possible OP or we are waiting on higher levels to fight against. I would be happy to see a lvl 100+ area outside of defense. 

generally speaking supercharging is more efficient than polarities, especially as a lot of mods when fully levelled have an odd energy requirement that esentially means you have one 'wasted' space in a polarised slot. Plus if you want to polarise every slot, that's 6-8 times you have to fully level the weapon.

Polarising and supercharging are an optimal combo though - a supercharged weapon only needs 3-4 polarised slots to have every mod maxed.