The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Second Dream Transmissions

Demon.King

Regarding the second dream and the operator...

Original part. Kind of pointless since I discovered it can be disabled in options:

Can we STOP talking to ourselves all the time during missions? I am supposed to be the operator, the operator is therefore not supposed to talk to me, common sense right?

They completely break any concept in the game at this point. I can't be that one frame since I can control multiple frames, therefore I must be the operator, but the operator won't shut up, so who the heck am I?

Thing that really makes no sense:

Heck, his appearance is transmissions in not even the worse part. How the operator appears out of thin air when we use the focus system is absolutely idiotic.

Ye, let's have a kid run around in mid air shooting lasers/whatever else he does, completely breaking ANY SENSE OF SECRECY WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

The operators' existence is supposed to be a very closely guarded secret, yet we summon them in the middle of battle vs corpus/grineer/infested/whatever??? REALLY???

The update is a mess. It's so stupid it hurts my head, and I'm not the only one who think so.

I am fine with the operators existence, it was quite probable and many fan theories predicted it. the problem is how DE handles is in a completely idiotic manner that contradicts everything that was said in the quest about secrecy and the operator's abilities...

Edited by Demon.King

Considering this is a co-op shooter, I'd assume that we talk to the squad, not to ourselves. Just like the Lotus talks to the squad, rather than an individual Tenno, as in 'at least you're all safe' on extraction after defeating G3.

Then show me the transmissions of other tenno, not my own...

EDIT:

Doing a SOLO spy run, he operator just talked. NO, JUST NO! Enough of this. I won't accept talking to myself!

Edited by Demon.King

I was thinking about this however I am wondering if the Warframe has a sentient being in it as well which is just controlled by the Operator.  Reason why I think this is plausible is at the ending scene where the warframe breaks the sword.  The operator wasn't controlling it, (at least that was my interpretation), so there is more to the frame than just an empty suit.

Heck, his appearance is transmissions in not even the worse part. How the operator appears out of thin air when we use the focus system is absolutely idiotic.

Ye, let's have a kid run around in mid air shooting lasers/whatever else he does, completely breaking ANY SENSE OF SECRECY WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

The operators' existence is supposed to be a very closely guarded secret, yet we summon them in the middle of battle vs corpus/grineer/infested/whatever??? REALLY???

The update is a mess. It's so stupid it hurts my head, and I'm not the only one who think so.

I am fine with the operators existence, it was quite probable and many fan theories predicted it. the problem is how DE handles is in a completely idiotic manner that contradicts everything that was said in the quest about secrecy and the operator's abilities...

Edited by Demon.King

If you were in a fight with someone and then a kid appears out of thin air and kicks your &#!, would you automatically think to yourself that said kid is controlling the guy your fighting and that its hiding in the guy your fighting's house somewhere?

Not to mention we are already warframes. super powerful fighters with abilities like the power to shed our skin, send out a massive bubble that slows down enemies and makes them explode. seeing a kid appear would be odd yes but if I was fighting a warframe and had no clue id just think it was the frames newest power.

If you were in a fight with someone and then a kid appears out of thin air and kicks your !, would you automatically think to yourself that said kid is controlling the guy your fighting and that its hiding in the guy your fighting's house somewhere?

Not to mention we are already warframes. super powerful fighters with abilities like the power to shed our skin, send out a massive bubble that slows down enemies and makes them explode. seeing a kid appear would be odd yes but if I was fighting a warframe and had no clue id just think it was the frames newest power.

Not all enemies are dumb...look at Alad V and Tyl Regor...

If they discovered the truth, they'd go insane on hunting orbiters.

It's plain and simple, their appearance in missions makes no sense and is contradictory.

I just dislike the whole Operator thing anyway. broke the immersion for me personally and I'm finding it alot harder to enjoy the game.

I have no problem with the operator existing, I had already accepted that it was probably so.

My problem is how the operator won't shut up, and appears out of thin air when using focus abilities, then just fkn flies around killing things/whatever. He has NO REASON WHATSOEVER to appear, he's supposed to control the warframe, overcharge it with focus maybe, but physically appear while shutting down the warframe? WTF?.

At this point I am hesitant to play with others for fear of seeing another fkn flying kid shooting lasers. It's disgusting...

Edited by Demon.King

I assumed that our operator is actually talking to the other operators in a dialogue: we just don't hear all of it. Also the operator appearing out of thin air IS a bit odd. That part could stand for revision in some way to make it less weird to the non-spoiled, as it does kinda give the game away.

Theres an option in Audio called "Operators Voice" uncheck that and  their transmissions should stop. I don't think u can stop the focus skill shenanigans thou.

Just discovered that, thanks.

And yes, my main problem is the focus ability effect. While the transmissions can apparently be disabled, that effect haunts me when pretty much every mission i see a kid flying and shooting lasers...fml...