The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Ivara Worth Buying?

Kvzakau

Question

10 answers to this question

She is a lot of fun, and really different than anyone else. In light of that, it doesn't really matter how powerful she is.

I've been having a lot of fun with her, but I haven't bothered to make a proper build and see when she starts to struggle. That is what makes the game get boring fast.

Is she even worth getting? Is her bow as powerful as people are saying it is?

People are actually saying her bow is bad and not worthy of being an ultimate.

Otherwise, no certitude because I haven't player her, but from the reviews I gathered I'd say no, don't buy her. Her ult is weak and several of her abilities just don't fit in the flow of the game at all, even though the rest is cool and offers some tactical possibilities. She looks good but not godly or even great, add her price to that (over 300p !) and you'd be better off farming her.

Given that RNG can really do a number on you getting the frame by other means, it may well be worth it to save yourself a lot of frustration.  I get the impression I'm going to be knee deep in Nitain before I ever get a full set of the blueprints.

She's extremely self reliant and good for all mission types.

Her different arrows lend her a lot of utility, you have the option to stealth areas/allies/self for a duration in a pinch which is great for all missions.

The Zipline is a bit of fun and some handy movement to get to vantage points. Ideal use is to borderline cheat some spy missions.

The Noise arrow is only useful in stealth missions unfortunately. Wish it had the ability to add a taunt to an ally.

The Sleep arrow is amazing in all missions. Especially higher up when you see a group of mobs and send them to sleep for easy headshots and no damage or threat to yourself.

Her 2 is situational, you can't really use it in combat so it's kinda for stealth only. It's fairly annoying to get the nack of and seems a little temperamental if I'm honest. Seems less good for damaging large groups of mobs and better for stealthy shooting round corners.

Her 3 is great if you don't have the stealth arrow ready and you need stealth in a pinch. Great for having sleep arrow equipped and spamming sleep arrows whilst getting headshots with the 3 active for big damage. Uses more energy when you move.

Artemis bow is fine for clearing mobs and I'm unsure if energy efficiency properly works with this ability as arrows seem to cost 10 energy regardless. Although damage is complained about it still does enough to one shot most mobs in the star system, but it will start to drop off say in sortie missions, where an actual bow is better.

Few things could be done to help out the artemis bow, first up let it red crit, second let multiple arrows hit the same target (not sure if it does as only 1 number appears), third would be energy cost.

Few things could be done to help out the artemis bow, first up let it red crit, second let multiple arrows hit the same target (not sure if it does as only 1 number appears), third would be energy cost.

Or you could use a normal bow and do better. It's not about the damage, it's just that this ult has no special, defining mechanic that would make her feel like, an ult. It could have been an ordinary bow from the market, that shoot like a shotgun.