Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Post Second Dream:unsuitable Dialogue [/spoiler]

DarkSignal

Maybe it's because the truth about the Tenno hasn't quite sunk in yet, but after I decided to enable the voice for the operator in the options menu, I feel disconnected from the experience.

It's not because we are in fact ageless children (after all, Frohd Bek grounded his 105 year old son), or that the voice acting doesn't sound engaged (The operator's not actually in the fray), but the dialogue parrots information we've known from the start.

There is a large enough playerbase that has been around longer than the operator has, and now that we've woken ourselves up, the operator acts like we've forgotten the past three years. Even recently introduced players had to have gotten up to Tyl Regor by the time they have the chance to play The Second Dream.

With that in mind, the operator's dialogue should be minimal and relevant to important mission events, such as fallen Tenno or excavators that run out of power; make it seem like we can see that for ourselves rather than have the Lotus tell us.

Edited by DarkSignal

With that in mind, the operator's dialogue should be minimal and relevant to important mission events, such as fallen Tenno or excavators that run out of power; make it seem like we can see that for ourselves rather than have the Lotus tell us.

Even better: we should be able to hear other player's Operators in mission too.

Like, sometimes when an excavator runs out of power you hear someone else's Operator comment on it, sometimes you hear yours.

Agreed. My operator commenting how "the Corpus are a cult that worships money" was a pretty "you don't say?" moment. At least the comment that "they remind me of the Orokin: selfish and greedy" was a little more well placed, as it pertains to past events, but there's still a ways to go for their dialogue to actually feel natural.

I also agree that, once unlocked, they should be the ones to comment on mission things, like excavator status, fallen teammates, maybe the environmental hazards also, it would feel more natural than to have the Lotus giving us the exact same exposition for the gazillionth time, while still serving as a warning to unaware players.

Keep in mind they'll probably expand this, this is all very very new. I imagine with time we'll get more cosmetics for our operators, more voices, and more dialogue. I do hope they take out some of the cheesier lines, and put in some relevant stuff. 

some things I do like is that the voice I chose (raven) seems to see the Warframes as her friends, and says things like ''Lets be more careful next time, I don't want you to get hurt" or "Are you okay?" when I go get revived

Even better: we should be able to hear other player's Operators in mission too.

Like, sometimes when an excavator runs out of power you hear someone else's Operator comment on it, sometimes you hear yours.

that would be wierd considering ther is wery limited operator customization that in most cases would be hard to recognize yourself or other operator

that would be wierd considering ther is wery limited operator customization that in most cases would be hard to recognize yourself or other operator

When your Operator talks it says in the VO box that it's you talking.

Wouldn't be that hard to check.

Maybe it's because the truth about the Tenno hasn't quite sunk in yet, but after I decided to enable the voice for the operator in the options menu, I feel disconnected from the experience.

It's not because we are in fact ageless children (after all, Frohd Bek grounded his 105 year old son), or that the voice acting doesn't sound engaged (The operator's not actually in the fray), but the dialogue parrots information we've known from the start.

There is a large enough playerbase that has been around longer than the operator has, and now that we've woken ourselves up, the operator acts like we've forgotten the past three years. Even recently introduced players had to have gotten up to Tyl Regor by the time they have the chance to play The Second Dream.

I just turned the Operators voice off and bingo, it doesn't show up anymore.

I want to continue with my own headcannon that the Warframes are Biological. and the quest somewhat shows that at the end with the blood and stuff. If the operators voice is there it just really breaks the immersion i've built for the game over the past year.

I just turned the Operators voice off and bingo, it doesn't show up anymore.

I want to continue with my own headcannon that the Warframes are Biological. and the quest somewhat shows that at the end with the blood and stuff. If the operators voice is there it just really breaks the immersion i've built for the game over the past year.

Your frame acts on its own in the second dream. The operator refers to you and the frame as "we". Just saying.

see i just got an idea 

like you all said we want a bit of less lotus talking and a litel bit focused operators talk and some lines are that tie them from orokin era (cause if i remember corectly they did not have memory who they were until he poped out of that pod in quest)

that being said they should put in quick voice chat for operators.warframes have emotes and handshakes why not operators have voice chat so by that we would say what we want and see other operators in team talk 

just an idea 

Also frames bleed. And take viral, toxin, and gas damage.

If the frame moved itself in the quest. Perhaps the frame is alive and independant and there is this whole 'Guardian' thing happening between it and the Operator. I'd be fine with that. The Operator does speak like he is speaking to someone else in the transmissions before I turned them off so. maybe there is hope?

If the frame moved itself in the quest. Perhaps the frame is alive and independant and there is this whole 'Guardian' thing happening between it and the Operator. I'd be fine with that. The Operator does speak like he is speaking to someone else in the transmissions before I turned them off so. maybe there is hope?

Since we keep frames in cryo, and since it acted on its own, I think it's safe to say they're somewhat self-aware individuals. Remember that the frames themselves are based on the genetics of the Tenno that first used them. 

Since we keep frames in cryo, and since it acted on its own, I think it's safe to say they're somewhat self-aware individuals. Remember that the frames themselves are based on the genetics of the Tenno that first used them. 

I do hope so. But DE did say it'll turn into a 'campaign' or something. Maybe it does take that route that the Warframes are self aware. we never know.

• 2 weeks later...

I do hope so. But DE did say it'll turn into a 'campaign' or something. Maybe it does take that route that the Warframes are self aware. we never know.

Inb4 the warframes are independent beings (possibly constructed from fusing some children with living machinery) and the Operator is just a control mechanism coordinating them.

Further, I agree that there should be more mission-relevant comments from the operator and interaction between operators would be really cool (but hard to make believable with just 4 voices).

What I'd really want to see is the option for the operator him/herself to walk around the orbiter, maybe checking up on the warframe(s) etc. Being stuck in the link all the time seems a bit dull...

• 4 weeks later...