Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Is That It...?

Sc10p

First off, WALL OF TEXT WARNING. I'm doing this on my phone since I'm not near a computer at the moment, but I'm not too worried about it since Off Topic is basically the /b/ of the Warframe forums, and even if I am completely off base there are some lovely moderators that can direct me in the right direction. (And if a thread on Waifu Wars can go on for 300+ posts we can have a good old fashioned feels and expectations thread).

NOW;

I've already seen plenty of lore related responses to the big Awakened Tenno/Operator reveal in the Second Dream quest, and I'm not saying it's bad or anything I actually thought it was super touching (I was honestly crying, mostly because of that beautiful music) but I still feel like something's missing. Like it didn't quite answer everything or it didn't quite hit the right note. During the quest I was all kinds of hyped and into it, but now the more I think about it and make connections to what it means here and there, it's starting to become kind of disapointing. But I'd like to hear some different opinions to get some perspective here. What did you like/dislike? What where you expecting? Do you feel dumb for not seeing it before?

I basically didn't think we quite needed the sort of "Matrix Explanation" that it came down to, and thought DE could have run with the "one person all of the suites" thing. Would've made us out to be complete masters of everything. Hard, disciplined, and trained. Something worth being feared and respected in and out of the suite. Not quite someone who needed protection by space mom even though I could slaughter battalion on battalion of Grineer and clear corpus ships in minutes with my steel sock puppet, not that I'm ungrateful. But the puppeteer thing's kinda cool too. Makes me feel like JoJo with multiple stands.

Anybody else's thoughts?

Edited by IrishDogma

Gameplay wise, it's the same thing we've seen before. Which is where most of the disappoint comes from (at least for me). 

It excels in story and presentation, but in terms of what we do I found it quite lacking.

Hell, I literally got stuck in the wall when the Stalker was using his wave attack during the final portion of the quest. I couldn't move without moving the camera to the front of me (which someone made him miss his attacks). I also wished we had a much more climactic fight against the Stalker.

As for the actual reveal, I enjoyed it. It does raise some questions but overall it made sense to me. I've played games that had teenagers/kids as the protagonists so I don't really care that the Operator is a teenager.

Edited by TheErebus.

i was able to skip over everything when i started noticing, but uh - you should probably put the Spoiler tag in the front so that i (or others) don't think you were confused about why everyone was using Spoiler Tags in their Thread titles.

Edited by taiiat

For me the story was mind blowing , it really unlocks a lot of potential for a Pr-equal  quests. like the old war, margolis's execution, lotus's plan up until she switch sides and the lies ordis spoke of in the old war.

As of the reveal i have mixed feeling about it. i always imagined that warframes are suits worn by deadly masters/ ninjas that can contain the void energy within the tenno , not a puppeteer who only channel thair void energy through the warframe.

Gameplay wise, it's the same thing we've seen before. Which is where most of the disappoint comes from (at least for me). 

It excels in story and presentation, but in terms of what we do I found it quite lacking.

Hell, I literally got stuck in the wall when the Stalker was using his wave attack during the final portion of the quest. I couldn't move without moving the camera to the front of me (which someone made him miss his attacks). I also wished we had a much more climactic fight against the Stalker.

As for the actual reveal, I enjoyed it. It does raise some questions but overall it made sense to me. I've played games that had teenagers/kids as the protagonists so I don't really care that the Operator is a teenager.

Yeah. The Stalker was a bit disappointing. You could very easily beat him when bringing the Moon out of the void, and you just shot down his "War Exalted Blade" waves. I really got stuck in the pendulum room with the security eye, I couldn't quite get the shots to connect, and lost a ton of revives just trying to aim glide in one spot.

For me the story was mind blowing , it really unlocks a lot of potential for a Pr-equal  quests. like the old war, margolis's execution, lotus's plan up until she switch sides and the lies ordis spoke of in the old war.

As of the reveal i have mixed feeling about it. i always imagined that warframes are suits worn by deadly masters/ ninjas that can contain the void energy within the tenno , not a puppeteer who only channel thair void energy through the warframe.

Same here! It was sweet, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Maybe it's my own fault for putting so much in my own opinion/theory. 

As far as the Tenno being teenagers, I think they really only look younger so the Lotus can be Space Mom. Someone mentioned that they're thousands of years old and went through harsh training and wars, so they aren't completely immature. 

Would DE use energy being theories ?

no, too complex

Would DE use the easy "tenno are humans"  ?

probably

Would DE say that a tenno is something else ?

dunno what, some philosophical answer would not have been well received... (I think)

Then I didn't know if tennos were actually inside the warframes or not (my concern on this part was quite low).

The story telling was really good and I enjoyed the "reveal scene" a lot (I got stunlocked in the corner too T.T). They got me hyped with that last simaris imprint "the moon is gone".

I was a bit desapointed to being able to sum this up as "warframes are powersuits remote-controled by humans".Maybe I just read/watch too much sci-fi/fantasy ? :P

Why children ? (I can't even reproduce my afro-like bed-hair)

Overall I liked it. I just had a bit too much expectations, I wanted to be surprised despite the game having such a broad audience.