Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] "tenno" Improvements

Dijn11

So if you've done the Second Dream quest (you better have if you are reading this) you'll notice...................

Tenno talk now in missions. I personally like that, but it could use some work. I did some missions fighting Corpus, and the Tenno had comments on them, but for the Infested and Grineer, there was nothing. The comments can still have more lines put in, and be said more consistently (EX. kills 5 enemies --> says something. kills 999 ---> silence) 

I really like this addition, with everything else, but please don't just leave it "in-progress" forever, it'd be a shame. (I actually had a thread asking to hear other characters in-mission, and this is in a way an answer to my thread)

That said, thanks DE, stay awesome.

For me the current issue is the dialog itself, which doesn't reflect the experience a fresh new player (who starts today) will have had, by the time they do the quest.

The current Quest chain for a new player is: Vor's Prize, Once Awake, The Archwing, The Planet Bosses up to Regor, Natah, and Second Dream. Of those planet bosses they go through: Mercury (Vor), Venus (Jackal), Jupiter (Alad V), Senda (Kela De Thaym), and Uranus (Tyl Regor). With a minimum of Mastery Rank 3 to even do Natah. And this is assuming the player speed runs right to The Second Dream, and doesn't get side-tracked on other quests and Lore points.

And that's just a drop in the bucket compared to what a Player who's been active since Closed Beta has done.

DE really could have stepped up the Dialog with referencing more info than basic stuff you can find on the Warframe.com info pages.

======

Arguably my choice would have been to go for in the moment tactical babbling, instead "look out of the Ancients", "corpus worship money", "grineer are ugly and mean".

What DE should really look at putting in place from a programmatic end, is linking Operator Dialog Trees to: Event, Quest, and Scan completions. These would also be good starting points for what Dialog to actually write and when it should be triggered. But DE would need the backend code that allows the dialog writers to hook into a Player's profile of "stuff completed".

======

Edit: I would refer everyone to the ExtraPlay's of Bastion, paying attention to the discussion on "Voice Stabs" and their use. The Operator is now functionally the Narrator from Bastion, in terms of a vehicle for delivering narrative.

Edited by Brasten

I was thinking the narrating aspect and thought what i usually think while playing and what my Tenno would be saying on some points. I thought i would have a small giggle or "huh" or frustrated "hmmph" when i play, these would give depth on my character. 

For example getting knocked down or pulled by scorpion i go "huh" or "pfffff".

I want my Character to be more present. Inconsistency with the Tenno presence is currently just too much.

Edited by Bearssi