Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Guide To Fighting Sentients

MrJxt

Question

I wrote this guide to help players who are having difficulty fighting sentients.

What you should consider:

-Reactor & Catalyst installed on all equipped equipment(Highly Recommended)
-Trinity/Oberon for healing both you, teammates, and companions (Not required but highly recommended)
-Different elemental damage for your Primary, Secondary, Melee, and Sentinel weapon.
-A sentinel that has long attack range and survivability to maximize the effectiveness of your sentinel weapon's elemental type.

I personally use 8 elemental types:

Primary: Radiation/viral

Secondary: Corrosive/fire

Melee: Magnetic/gas

Sentinel weapon: Blast/toxin

Damage Immunity Mechanic:

-Sentients will become resistant when you damage them with both elemental and physical attack types.
-Resistance increases per hit and also based on damage dealt.
-The more you attack them, the more resistant they become to that damage type.
-The more damage you deal to them, the more resistant they become.
-They will never become immune to damage but you will deal very low damage <100.
-They can resist multiple damage types at once but cannot resist everything.
-Attacking them with a damage type they are not resistant to will decrease their currently resistant damage types in order to resist the new damage type.

Basically, switch weapons when you are dealing minimum damage (damage is low and not decreasing).

Enemy Info and Behavior:

Shared Attacks/Behavior:

-Damage Resistance: Resists damage taken from the last few elemental/physical damage types.
-Flash Attack: When your shields are up, they may flash you with a bright light(similar to taking a picture with a camera) that only damages shield. Your companion's shield will also take damage.
-Both arms can be shot off, which limits them to their special attack and flash attack.
-Regenerate: They will regenerate one arm at a time every 15s after regenerating or losing an arm.
-Arms that are shot-off will be on the ground. Sentients with lost arm(s) can re-attach an arm off the ground from a different sentient type. The Battalyst can use melee arms and Conculysts can use shooter arms.

Battalyst (Shooter)

-By far the most annoying enemy you will ever encounter in Warframe. They shoot fast and VERY accurate projectiles that deal similar damage to Grineer Ballistas.
-The projectiles explode when it comes in contact with anything and can hit through cover easily.
-Battalysts can also link to other sentients to reduce damage for the linked target(s) but at the cost of receiving damage themselves.
-Special Attack: is curling up into a ball and shoot several light beams spinning in a circular area around them that cause explosions at random spots.

How to fight against Battalysts:
-Destroying their arms will significantly reduce their potential damage output.
-Utilize cover to hide from projectiles but stay away from that cover to avoid the explosions.
-When they are performing their special attack, Find large cover or get out of range.
-Switch weapons when you deal very low damage.
-Melee is not recommended when they have both arms intact.

Conculyst (Melee)

-Like most melee enemies in Warframe, these guys are rather weak compared to Battalysts.
-Melee attacks, nothing special, they approach you and smack you.
-Special Attack: Spin 2 win tornado that deals moderate damage and knocks you down. They are immune to damage while spinning.

How to fight against Conculysts:
-Keep your distance and they will be unable to deal direct health damage
-Keep your distance to avoid their special attack.
-If you keep your distance then all they can do is use flash attack and chase after you.
-Switch weapons when you deal very low damage.

Extra:

A 1v8 that would never happen under normal circumstances:

Sample kill using Soma prime, vaykor marelok, dual ichors, stinger setup

You don't need "top tier" weapons! Featuring Gorgon wraith, akmagnus, anku, and stinger.

Hope this helps!

Edited by MrJxt

10 answers to this question

Now do a mobile defense with these damn things around. 

Move away from the objective before they appear and then fight them.

Enemies stop spawning when the sentients appear so watch your objective health carefully and kill off the stragglers.

Thank you so much for this guide. 

I'd like to mention that using the Tonkor with Mag's Bullet Attractor is magical for killing these things. I can't kill them all with that, but I can consistently bring down a few of them with a shot or two.

-They can resist multiple damage types at once but cannot resist everything.

-Attacking them with a damage type they are not resistant to will decrease their currently resistant damage types in order to resist the new damage type.

Basically, switch weapons when you are dealing minimum damage (damage is low and not decreasing).

Is this confirmed?

Is this confirmed?

My experience says otherwise. I was in a fight with the stalker (with 4 other players) and it still took an hour to take him down. Whoever calls this challenging or difficult has no idea what artificial difficulty is. 

Edited by Skeebz

Sentients always spawn right on top of someone so just sit in corner before the fighters show up, wait for them to spawn all right next to each other (or even on top), get outa melee asap, and then dps them dead is what I do. I use mostly nova since slow + dmg multiplier + 2 different ele weapons = quickly dead sentients. Granted, I don't go beyond 22 minutes in the survival since at the 20 min mark it's a one shotfest no matter what frame I use.

What I do:

Use Ivara with a duration/range build.

Use prowl right before they span.

Use sleep arrow on them and pickpocket them before attacking.

Use my melee to take them down to 25% health, then finish them off with artemis bow one by one.

If one of them becomes awake just use sleep arrow again.

This usually only works solo as team-mates usually cause them to wake up too fast.

Edited by Timedawn