Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Feedback

Taipion

The goal of the sortie us to take the MR20 guy who has all weapons out of his comfort zone

By comfort zone, I assume you mean the game being fun.

Sorties are like the boring parts of an infinite mission, without the achievement of getting to 60+ minutes: you'd have to be brain-dead to lose, but it's tedious, and takes entirely too long.

Sorties highlight the core issue with Warframe's design: "difficulty", can only be achieved through gimmicks that take away player's freedom to approach the challenges the way they see fit, and testing their patience over anything else.

Edited by Naqel

It's endgame content for people who spent their time 50 Forma'ing the Braton-MK1 as a challenge. The goal of the sortie us to take the MR20 guy who has all weapons out of his comfort zone, drop his best/favourite weapon and use something less effective and use guile and cunning with luck and skill to beat the odds.

That is endgame. High difficulty, unique reward

mr20 here- until now I've found them all easy AF. they're just also dam long. for the absurd change to the excavation glen announced, i'd rather have it being changed to go against lvl200 enemies and only 3 excavations. the things (sorties) actually mostly seem to only test our patience; and for such endurance test i'd say that I deserve even more rewards (least... 8 cores after each mission?)  

its content designed to be playable for ppl from mr4+ (i think, isnt it?) the actual only end game content we can find -that may make us get out of confort zone- is on infinite missions.

I just cheesed the sortie with excalted blade and radial blind.

I suggest anyone who doesen't want snipers littering their arsenal do the same.

An thats the overall problem with their design. Youre forced to utilize the warframe abilities over that of your weaponry.

On the mobile defense ones it wasnt fun seeing others and myself spamming the third ability on Vauban. Thats all we did the entire length of the missions, its tedious.

The design behind these dailys are heavily flawed.

The recent nerf and yesterdays tier 2 daily clearly showed why Sniper Rifles are in a bad state right now. Multiple Infested running at you from various erratic pathing angles.

My Vectis is fully Forma'd and i think i only shot it five times in that mission. Vast majority (99%) of the damage i dealt came from my Volt Primes 1st and 4th ability.

Day prior was a Mobile Defense with Shotguns only. You were better off CC'n the choke points instead of trying to engage.

Todays second tier daily is a nightmare already since i dont own a stealth warframe. With the added bonus of ciphers not allowed to be used.

Like i said in my prior post these dailys are about the warframe you use and not the weapon.

Makes me wonder on the intent of these dailys. First off the shotgun only should of been on the excavation daily with the sniper one on the mobile defense.

I was able to easily do the shotgun only with my Sancti Tigris, it can one-shot(well, technicaly you fire it twice, but it's so fast that it might as well be a one shot) anything aside from some specific enemies(mine has Radiation damage when I use it against Grineer, so Heavy Gunners generaly take 4-6 shots to kill). As for sniper rifles, my brother is using Snipetron Vandal as his main weapon and it holds nice even on 3rd Sortie missions. 1-2 headshots are generaly enough to kill any enemy.

Funny how some people insist to say they are not bragging, just telling everyone how "good" they are (which they are not, what surprise), and telling me to get geared up like I am missing something, sorry to dissapoint you, but I am no MR4 newbie and I could have built 100 sniper rifles if I'd want to, which I did not, because they were comepletely useless, and (in this, game) not my taste really.

I acknowledge now you have a single reason to build and keep 1 sniper rifle, which is dumb, but I also understand that probably due to the way it was implemented and coded, DE is just not capable at this point to do it any better, that can easily happen if you do not anticipate everything when coding, which is not an easy task.

I still have hope that there will be some really challenging things in WF some day, and that these things will not be catered towards people who spend 200$+ running around with cash/exp boosters all day leveling simply everything to 30 even though there is no reason to touch most of that stuff besides your personal need to bragg with your MR.