Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Feedback

Taipion

Hey, my friends say, lets do that sortie here!

Nice, I thought, might be interesting for once as the difficulty usually isn't very challenging of "normal" content.

Now, there's 17h left on the clock, and the 2nd mission says "sniper only", which does mean you must have a sniper equipped, as it is impossible to go without weapons, which is ...well, stupid.

Now, as all snipers are ...nothing that one could call useful, I never found it necessary to craft one, and as theres only 17h left on the one hand, and my friends gotta do that now or without me, I only have the option to say screw it, or waste real cash to rush one of the worse of that anyway useless weapon category.

GG, DE

It's endgame content for people who spent their time 50 Forma'ing the Braton-MK1 as a challenge. The goal of the sortie us to take the MR20 guy who has all weapons out of his comfort zone, drop his best/favourite weapon and use something less effective and use guile and cunning with luck and skill to beat the odds.

That is endgame. High difficulty, unique reward.

It's endgame content for people who spent their time 50 Forma'ing the Braton-MK1 as a challenge. The goal of the sortie us to take the MR20 guy who has all weapons out of his comfort zone, drop his best/favourite weapon and use something less effective and use guile and cunning with luck and skill to beat the odds.

That is endgame. High difficulty, unique reward.

However, Mastery Rank 4 is the minimum requirement for Sorties, and Mastery Rank 3 is the minimum needed for Second Dream. Both Sorties and Second Dream are more "End-game", but they are accessible for players that are still very new.

Edited by Flamingfighter

This is not feedback. It's you complaining that you don't like that they're finally rewarding players for having a varied arsenal.

No, it is me complaining that you can't go without weapons instead but need to have built something completely obsolete.

Sorties were advertised as missions for players with pretty versatile arsenal, and thus we should all expect our most hated weapon only as a rule and get gearedfor it.

Don't have a sniper? Buy/build one and go to the mission. If you don't want to do it, just wait for the next round of sorties assuming asyour fault not being geared for it

I was expecting this kind of post on furst day with the shotgun only sortie (i hate shotguns). Funny nobody complained until snipers were the rule

Sorties were advertised as missions for players with pretty versatile arsenal, and thus we should all expect our most hated weapon only as a rule and get gearedfor it.

Don't have a sniper? Buy/build one and go to the mission. If you don't want to do it, just wait for the next round of sorties assuming asyour fault not being geared for it

I was expecting this kind of post on furst day with the shotgun only sortie (i hate shotguns). Funny nobody complained until snipers were the rule

You, too, dont get it, huh?!

The problem simply is, that you can't go without weapons, and having completely useless "weapons" in your arsenal is not something that makes it "versatile"!

Also, shotguns at least do one thing, that is, damage, so they have a reason to be, unlike snipers.

Yea, simply build one, and spend real cash for it to get it still in time, thanks for that great tip!

Or simply skip one and pass on the loot, another great idea really!

You, too, dont get it, huh?!

The problem simply is, that you can't go without weapons, and having completely useless "weapons" in your arsenal is not something that makes it "versatile"!

Also, shotguns at least do one thing, that is, damage, so they have a reason to be, unlike snipers.

Yea, simply build one, and spend real cash for it to get it still in time, thanks for that great tip!

Or simply skip one and pass on the loot, another great idea really!

What's the point of going useless with no weapons? We all know you need at least one weapon equipped to leave our arsenal, sorties forces us out from our comfort zone by making us equip only certain type of weapon. I'd agree on you if the sortie said "Rubico only" instead of snipers. But thisis not the case, so You're complaining about a personal option.

I use snipers since vectis was just released, I hate skills spamming, and still being deadlier than many boltor prime users. If you don't want to give a try to certain weapons, its your choice, if you don't know how to mod it, or can't realize how to make it into a powerful weapon, yiur problem. But do not blame DE for not being able to fit under certain rules.

And get ready, more "snipers only" or even "daggers only" might come anytime and there will be no reason to cry if you're not geared when it happens.

What's the point of going useless with no weapons? We all know you need at least one weapon equipped to leave our arsenal, sorties forces us out from our comfort zone by making us equip only certain type of weapon. I'd agree on you if the sortie said "Rubico only" instead of snipers. But thisis not the case, so You're complaining about a personal option.

I use snipers since vectis was just released, I hate skills spamming, and still being deadlier than many boltor prime users. If you don't want to give a try to certain weapons, its your choice, if you don't know how to mod it, or can't realize how to make it into a powerful weapon, yiur problem. But do not blame DE for not being able to fit under certain rules.

And get ready, more "snipers only" or even "daggers only" might come anytime and there will be no reason to cry if you're not geared when it happens.

I see you take this place to try and bragg how good you are, but sorry, that means nothing.

Going "unarmed" is not possible, yea, I said that, and that is the problem.

Also I see you chanting and repeating that "out of the comfort zone" mantra which just shows how you not understand, sorties are super easy, if you dont got with 3 randoms and instead people who are not completely dumb, and in very much most cases, spamming abilities gets the stuff done, which might not be pretty, but highly preferrable to being excluded to run a halfway challenging mission with your friends because you did not build something that is otherwise completely useless.

You do understand that snipers were just completely re-worked right? Just like how shotguns were a while ago? They're freakin' amazing now. I'm building the Rubico and going to get it min/maxed just because of how great snipers are now in the hands of a skilled player.

Not only that, but this is end game content for high MR players with an arsenal that is diverse. Don't complain about a Sortie mission like this, simply because you don't want to build a certain type of weapon because you think it's trash. That's silly and the definition of ignorance.

It's a little bit of a shame though that an MR4 player can do Sortie missions. I don't think the typical MR4 player can really even be effective in one, let alone have the proper arsenal to handle the diverse Conditions that are set.

Oh well, Sorties are still great fun, and a decently hard challenge, even from a MR21 player with over 1600 hours played! Of course, my opinion, but with a lack of ignorance affecting it.

-snip-

The game has been out for almost 3 years. I'm a veteran, and started playing right out of closed Beta. You'd see higher hours accumulated for someone who plays CS:GO regularly for one year, and have a job. That's a silly insult.

Regardless of your remark, it is not trivial to have a diverse arsenal of weapon and Warframe types. That's kind of a smart way of playing. Even if you don't have everything unlocked you can at least have a shotgun, automatic rifle, sniper, and bow. While still having an MR below 8. It isn't that hard, or silly.

There is someone I came across in the forums who I can't remember the name of, but he is MR20 with nearly everything in the game and hasn't spent a dime thanks to the trading system. If you're strapped for that 12 measly Platinum for two weapon slots, just work up some Syndicate standing and sell a Sancti Tigris for 30p. Mad easy, and free.

I think I'm done arguing this already, it isn't worth it. Sorry, mate.

Alright I understand now, my apologies. 

But still I don't think they're forcing anyone to rush and buy weapons at all. You have 15 days for this "Season" of rewards, and are able to play the three Sortie missions that reset every day. So with plenty of time at some shots for the rewards I don't think it's really that much of an issue to build a sniper, bow, and whatever other weapon you're gonna need. Most only take 12 hours. No need to spend platinum at all. And there will always be a set of Sortie missions to play for a shot at some good rewards.

But yeah, enough of me being salty I do mean it when I say that this is content geared towards players who have done almost everything in the game and own a lot of the hundreds of weapons that are in it.

If you need help making some Platinum there are some little things you can do while going about your daily missions and the daily grind/play. I like to save up Syndicate standing for a week while I do other things to passively make 100k and sell a Syndicate weapon for some Plat. 

Edited by ViolettaFoxx

I see you take this place to try and bragg how good you are, but sorry, that means nothing.

No bragging, i just talked about my dedication to snipers and how I dislike other weapons (like shotguns) if you think I'm bragging simply fir being able to realize how to maximize a sniper that's not my issue, but you can make sure I'm not the only one who loves snipers even tough they're pretty underrated.

Going "unarmed" is not possible, yea, I said that, and that is the problem.

Yep, i understand your problem, and most after the Halloween nightmare where we were sent unarmed, powerless and with base shields/health to fight a pumpkin headed behemot juggernaut. Sadly going unarmed still meaning no sniper equipped, and thus still out the limitations (doesn't make sense, but sortie logics. Besides, remember how we simply need at least one weapon equipped, and if it isn't a sniper it has to be something else, and thus you're not meeting the sortie requirements)

Also I see you chanting and repeating that "out of the comfort zone" mantra which just shows how you not understand, sorties are super easy, if you dont got with 3 randoms and instead people who are not completely dumb, and in very much most cases, spamming abilities gets the stuff done, which might not be pretty, but highly preferrable to being excluded to run a halfway challenging mission with your friends because you did not build something that is otherwise completely useless.

You have played no sortie with me, so you cannot judge the way I played them nor my squad (I hate spamming skills, I use them mostly like "panic buttons". Also I played all 9 sortie missions with pugs, and seems much funnier than cheesing said missions with friends in perfectly prepared squads)

PD: try to get geared man, if you had accepted the rule and started building a sniper right when you realized this sortie requirement, you might have had time enough to wait it before this rotation ends. After all using an unraked weapon is almost the same as going unarmed, just with a few resourced needed in order to meet the requirements set.

Had a potato'd 1 or no forma'd vectis, went as Ember I think it was, maybe it was Ivara. Didn't have a problem killing and dealing damage.  Though, my loadout and all is pretty heavy.  Had no real problems.  Have barely had any problems in Sorties so far, and I intentionally/expressly play with PuGs

Unless you're going into this severely undergeared (MR req be damned, you should know if level 50-100 enemies are gonna give you a hard time heh, but I don't blame anyone for not ceasing to try)...there isn't any specific loadout you need.  In some cases, its all the frame, in some cases with melee weps, its the frame and stance...but...there's no impossible sortie yet.  I'm not trying to diminish the challenge here entirely, I'm up there in MR but moreso have a full loadout of most any mod I need to do whatever...but...that's where you should be when you're dealing with level 100+ mobs.  DE kind of put themselves in a little hole with this one, wanting the content to be reasonably accessible by the population while having it be endgame challenging and require a fair amount of gear, knowledge, and skill.

I'm absolutely glad and excited for the Sorties...I love condition missions like this and finding new ways to kill things in ways I might not usually...so...sorties are definitely a win for me.

I actually feel the Sortie Defense and Survival to be too tedious, while it is challenging. Especially when you have to run the entire 20 waves in Defense that would last for more than 30 minutes to finish.

While it is a usual grind for players to get about 20 waves/minutes in both missions. Well, that's it, it's still a tedious grind that certain players may have to gruel over wasting compared to the other challenging missions that is currently incorporated in the game.

Spy, Capture and Rescue have their sorts of being short, Extermination, Mobile Defense and Excavation have a decent duration to stand for as challenging.

While I do bare the holdings of the Defense and Survival, I still find annoying that players have to camp out for more than half an hour just to get some random Sortie reward.

I too had to deal with the sniper only mission, and while i have one, they are garbage, it was awful, and i hated it. I have equally hated all the others like this as well. They arn't hard, nor interesting and as a long time vet I find this particular "challenge" largely a waste of my time and not challenging at all, just tedious and annoying.

Quite liked alot of the other stuff though, and the raid was amazing. Puzzles are awesome, need more.

That's exactly the answer I expected from the ..."rather young" typical WF player.

I could have build a hundred of those useless snipers, but I did not because:

1.) They are useless

2.) I don't need to be rank 20, my epeen is big enough without that, seriouly wtf -.-

So that even you get this: Requirering players to have built a useless weapon does not make something challenging.

Well now you have a reason to build one.

Your reason is that it allows you to do sniper only sorties, which makes them not useless :)

I'm fine with it as I'm fine with melee only or shot gun only. I can take reasonable challenge as long as I can have intense game play and rare rewards, even if I do realize one day I will be screwed when shuriken only or arc-wing only cause I'm not prepared.    

Edited by Radon086

I too had to deal with the sniper only mission, and while i have one, they are garbage, it was awful, and i hated it. I have equally hated all the others like this as well. They arn't hard, nor interesting and as a long time vet I find this particular "challenge" largely a waste of my time and not challenging at all, just tedious and annoying.

Quite liked alot of the other stuff though, and the raid was amazing. Puzzles are awesome, need more.

I on the other hand hated the puzzles, lol.  Needs more hard to kill enemies and objectives to kill them.

I like how people say that snipers are useless, really lets you spot the meta follower. Snipers are fine if you know how to use them. Not the most effective weapon, but far from being useless.

The recent nerf and yesterdays tier 2 daily clearly showed why Sniper Rifles are in a bad state right now. Multiple Infested running at you from various erratic pathing angles.

My Vectis is fully Forma'd and i think i only shot it five times in that mission. Vast majority (99%) of the damage i dealt came from my Volt Primes 1st and 4th ability.

Day prior was a Mobile Defense with Shotguns only. You were better off CC'n the choke points instead of trying to engage.

Todays second tier daily is a nightmare already since i dont own a stealth warframe. With the added bonus of ciphers not allowed to be used.

Like i said in my prior post these dailys are about the warframe you use and not the weapon.

Makes me wonder on the intent of these dailys. First off the shotgun only should of been on the excavation daily with the sniper one on the mobile defense.

Edited by KanesDeath

The recent nerf and yesterdays tier 2 daily clearly showed why Sniper Rifles are in a bad state right now. Multiple Infested running at you from various erratic pathing angles.

My Vectis is fully Forma'd and i think i only shot it five times in that mission. Vast majority (99%) of the damage i dealt came from my Volt Primes 1st and 4th ability.

Day prior was a Mobile Defense with Shotguns only. You were better off CC'n the choke points instead of trying to engage.

Todays second tier daily is a nightmare already since i dont own a stealth warframe. With the added bonus of ciphers not allowed to be used.

Like i said in my prior post these dailys are about the warframe you use and not the weapon.

I think the problem is now the only warframe that can go god-like with sniper rifles in high level content is Banshee, and people seldom play her. Only with the help of Resonance could your team one shot every enemy and push back mob waves. Nova's M prime can aid as well, but the team might kill slower. And even you have Nova or Banshee on your team, other CCs are still needed. Such fact makes a ideal team hard to from. 

But I think this is not a big deal after all, players can find ways to overcome sniper sorties in the future. Like they brought Excalibur and Valkyr when melee only.