Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Did You Do To The Matchmaker?

BooMsx

I was starting to think interest was lowering until I saw how many were actually playing... so yeah I am experiencing this as well, been able to join friends but not randoms, once in awhile I do but the few I get tend to have massive lag.

Welcome to Ghostframe! You are the last tenno, the ones in the chat are just ghosts ( or bots ).

ADSL 16000, Ping to Canada from Europe ~100ms

No Strict Nat Warning.

Have problems to find groups, or other players.

If I start a online game, I will finish it solo. No one will join.

Some days ago it was easy to join other players.

Or when I started a mission online, a few secs later I was playing with 3 other ones

Missionmaker is broken. Feels like a 5% chance to find other players.

Edited by Redbull102

I wish this thread could at least be acknowledged by DE.

I've tried everything I can. With my router, with my firewall. But I can't get the matchmaking to function again. Even though the network test in game says everything is fine. Matchmaking stopped working for me around one week ago with the hotfix you installed about a week after update 8. Prior to that everything was fine.

I can sometimes get in to other peoples games. But whenever I start anything I'll still be alone when the mission is completed. And if I just try queuing nothing happens.

Edited by Anymetal

Before patch 8 i was able to join and host games just fine. Allthough i can still join other people from time to time the majority will be me having to host a game and then see noone else join it.

Now if i had a crappy connection it would make a bit of sense but with a dsl of 50Mbit down and 5Mbit up and ping being average of around 30~50ms in Europe that simply cannot be the case. All the port forwarding is setup correctly and this because of two reasons, one being that it worked just fine before update 8 and people would join my games within 2 minutes. Second one being that people on my contact list can join just fine, which confirms all port setups are done correctly.

So unless the majority on warframe left in a time span of 2 weeks something is wrong period. Now i have been in contact with support, now  wont go into detail but suffice it to say... Its not going very well and DE does either not seem to be aware of the problem or have no idea whats going on.

Anyway its taken quite alot of enjoyment out of the game and if does not get addressed i will simply be forced out of the game. Not by choice but whats the point of playing 80% of all the matches solo.

Edited by Solid.nl

This seems to be rather common lately, I can find groups to Kiste/Kappa but they're mostly just horrible laggy freeze-fests.

I can handle mobile defence hosting without problems, but whenever I make a game I just end up soloing it.

I do have ping set to unlimited so that's not the problem.

Yeap, having the same problem. I select a planet to start the mission, the planet indicates that there are 3-4 squads available. When i press, it shows "Looking for squad" or whatever it was called and suddenly, the number of squads simply disappears and i end up "waiting for other players" ..

Log out, log in, and re-join the planet. It may be annoying, but it still gives you the log-in reward whenever it resets.

Re-logging seems to fix it every time, unless there just aren't people on that planet going for that mission. Also, my ping limit is at minimum. The difference in minimum and maximum ping restrictions is no delay, and literally MINUTES of delay to the host respectively making the game unplayable.

This is an issue that I experience as well. I'm sure DE wants their matchmaking system to function well, so they certainly have taken note of this.

However I also have been experiencing very significant lag in recent days... 

A buddy of mine who, like me, pays for the fastest internet connection from his ISP, finds that joining games I host is borderline unplayable (and definitely not fun). The same occurs when he hosts. We're both on the east coast of the US. I've talked to other folks in-game about this and some are/have been experiencing the same thing fairly recently.

I'm either overlooking something here, or something is going on...

Yeah this is such a big issue, each day making it worse and worse. Not only will this eat out all the fun and most of their fanbase but it will also hit their end quite hard.

I was thinking about this problem today and could the problem simply be that most of us are from EU where the playerbase is smaller thus the limitations on the settings combined with the ping makes so few squads to pop up on each planet. This would also explain why DE has not addressed such a big problem that is crippling their game as most of the playerbase comes from America and it might not be a problem there at all.

This was just my speculation.