The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow Step Not Activating On Melee Crit?

Cynick

Question

15 answers to this question

Hi all, I recently unlocked Shadow Step from the Naramon school and I am yet to turn invisible (even briefly) after landing multiple melee critical hits. 

This is after activating the "Focus" power in-game (default 5). 

There must be something we're all missing on those passives; people are reporting the power efficency bonus from Zarukin is not working as well, even after power 5 is used.

It works just fine for me ( altho not always for some reason but 95% of the time it dose). Did u used your Focus Power first? or did u activatied it in the skill tree?

This, all what i know is that passives wont work unless you have used your focus power once.

PSA: you have to click on the power to make it active. Your pool should reduce by 1. (4/6 or something and not 5/6)

The power's icon turns RED if it's active. Upgrading a power also uses up pool. My strategic execution is has 1 upgrade rank (approximately +15-20% affinity gain on melee kills after focus power is activated), and my pool is now 3/6.

8188 -> 94xx affinity from killing an enemy after I used 5.

Does your pool still say 5/6? If it does the power isn't active.

Edited by TonyWong

I got shadow step at rank 2, it should give 6 sec of invisibility on melee crit, but it doens't at all been testing with Tekko melee weapon with 48% crit but dont turn invis at any time, sad that I ranked it.

Found the problem

Seems you still have to activate the move/passive after you put points into it by clicking the red icon.

Edited by J-BoneClaw-Logan

I got shadow step at rank 2, it should give 6 sec of invisibility on melee crit, but it doens't at all been testing with Tekko melee weapon with 48% crit but dont turn invis at any time, sad that I ranked it.

You sure you activated it first using power 5? I'm asking because it works just fine for me and it's pretty awesome actually...

Naramon is my primary and I noticed that it does indeed proc as I see myself go invis with green energy, my warframe energy color is green, and it's the only thing I have with green energy.  However, it doesn't proc on every crit.  It really only seems to proc on 1/10 of crits at best.

Is this intended or is this a bug?

make sure  that shadow step is active ( in red) for it to proc and it doesn't proc on every crit. its more like a 1/3 crits for it to proc with the first crit hit having the highest % chance.

I definitely have my shadow step activated.  I sit there while attacking and watch berserker hits increasing my attack speed but I only turn invis on 1/10 of my crits at best.

I definitely have my shadow step activated.  I sit there while attacking and watch berserker hits increasing my attack speed but I only turn invis on 1/10 of my crits at best.

I always go invisible when I crit. What weapon are you using?