The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Please Introduce A Weekly Cap For ... The New Thing, Not Dayli.

CanIbiteU

525k focus cap would be the same 75k/day as we have now, but people who are working, have kids and cant play every day would be able to play on weekends and farm affinity when they want.

Current cap feels like a big disadventage for players, who cant play every day.

Edited by CanIbiteU

525k focus cap would be the same 75k/day as we have now, but people who are working have kids and cant play every day would be able to play on weekends and farm affinity when they want. It feels like a big disarventage for players who cant play every day.

sounds fair. this would help me a lot too since school. 

Can we get a weekly Syndicate rep as well? Or a weekly login bonus?

Search for Tactical Potato on youtube for large quantity focus farming.

525k focus cap would be the same 75k/day as we have now, but people who are working, have kids and cant play every day would be able to play on weekends and farm affinity when they want. It feels like a big disadventage for players who cant play every day.

sounds fair. this would help me a lot too since school. 

I personally have no problem with the daily cap and i only get 4 hours a day to play if even.

This suggestion is objectively good. It would benefit lots of people, and hurt no one.

This change hurts people who have nothing better to do than play warframe. What are they going to do with the rest of their week once they get all their focus? Stop playing Warframe?

This change hurts people who have nothing better to do than play warframe. What are they going to do with the rest of their week once they get all their focus? Stop playing Warframe?

the same as they do every day after 2h of play maxing focus.

It would even help those people. Less of their Focus will be eaten by hitting the cap in mid-mission, since that would only be able to happen once a week rather than every day.

Disagree completely. 

All these ideas to store focus points for a month or week put in a huge disadvantage those who play each day The reason for that is because you can easily buy a booster at the end of the month to gain FP or syndicate standing really quickly (at double speed). Get used to a fact that you cannot have all the advantages as people who play each day have. 

One change i would make to a cap, is to tight it to MR as well as syndicate standing. Let's say 30 000 basic standing + 3 000 per MR. 

affinity booster doesnt affect focus atm, as far as i know at least. And why should someone get used to the fact, that he got time to play and do stuff - but cant, since the game caps his playtime because of 24/7 grinders. With a weekly cap every player group has to invest time to gain stuff, the people with jobs and the people who got time to play everyday.

Edited by CanIbiteU

affinity booster doesnt affect focus atm, as far as i know at least. And why should someone get used to the fact, that he got time to play and do stuff. In the every player group has to invest time to gain stuff, the people with jobs and the people who got time to play everyday.

Apparently 2.5% of affinity is converted into Focus.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus

The cap is not an issue. Right now DE needs to fix how focus is gained. Unless you put the lense on a dps frame its terribly slow. I did the quest right when it came out and put it on my Rhino, since there is no direction in game, and I'm lucky if I get 500 in a match.

The daily cap issue is no different than daily cap with syndicate rep. DE isn't going to change it. Then people would just run a ton of Draco on the first day and not really play the other days.

Not being able to play as much isn't a valid reason. That's like saying make the void part I want a guaranteed drop since I don't have time to farm keys and run void a lot.

It's just a hard truth. Sorry.

The cap is not an issue. Right now DE needs to fix how focus is gained. Unless you put the lense on a dps frame its terribly slow. I did the quest right when it came out and put it on my Rhino, since there is no direction in game, and I'm lucky if I get 500 in a match.

The daily cap issue is no different than daily cap with syndicate rep. DE isn't going to change it. Then people would just run a ton of Draco on the first day and not really play the other days.

Not being able to play as much isn't a valid reason. That's like saying make the void part I want a guaranteed drop since I don't have time to farm keys and run void a lot.

It's just a hard truth. Sorry.

The OP wasn't talking about playing as much. As far as we know they could be putting just as many hours in as people who play every day, just all on the weekend because they are free from school/work obligations. Weekly rather than daily caps would make life much easier for people in that situation, while not hurting people who can play every day. The only reason I can think of for objecting to the idea is "nah, this will help me do 'better' than you while putting in less effort."

The OP wasn't talking about playing as much. As far as we know they could be putting just as many hours in as people who play every day, just all on the weekend because they are free from school/work obligations. Weekly rather than daily caps would make life much easier for people in that situation, while not hurting people who can play every day. The only reason I can think of for objecting to the idea is "nah, this will help me do 'better' than you while putting in less effort."

from a player perspective there isnt. But from a player perspective there is no arguement to not just remove the cap completely.

Im talking about a business perspective.

Edited by Lightsmith

from a player perspective there isnt. But from a player perspective there is no arguement to not just remove the cap completely.

Sure I guess. Just don't see why DE would prefer someone playing 7 hours at 1hr/day vs 7 hours at 7hr/day.

in the end people will spend same amount of hours grinding for the focus. I am playing wf since u6 and hey, all i do is playing for focus, sorties and pvp atm. The people who play for focus, play one defence / survial / interception sortie a day and are at the cap and stop playing despite wanting to play more. It might change with weekly cap since people who can play daily will come back for sorties anyway. but people who cant play daily, will have a reason to junk as crazy when they got some time. DE have higher player counts then we have atm.

Its a win win situation for everyone. Think about it.

Edited by CanIbiteU

Sure I guess. Just don't see why DE would prefer someone playing 7 hours at 1hr/day vs 7 hours at 7hr/day.

It's about keeping interest in the game. Actually it's more beneficial to have a person play 1 hour each day. It results in slower burn out and keeps the game in your mind. The longer you go without playing the higher the chance you don't return.

It's about setting a proper pace. It's not a win for everyone. It would not result in higher player counts. At best it would have the same as the daily. More likely it would be less for the above reasons.

Edited by Lightsmith

have you read the part about sorties? atm you are maxing the cap with one long sortie mission if you know how the system works and people know. with weekly cap, people will come back for sorties anyway AND farm affinity when they want = more time spend in the game.

Edited by CanIbiteU