The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Fps Should I Get?

ROXXXY

Question

What fps should i be getting with these pc specs with display settings of your recommendation?

Motherboard: Asrcock FM2a88M Extreme 4+

Cpu/Apu: AMD A10 7700k with Hyper 212 Evo

Gpu: Sapphire R9 270 (not X)

Ram: Hyper X 8 GB

Case: CM Force 500

4 answers to this question

As far as Warframe is concerned:

GPU is good for 1080p60 with visuals set to high

CPU is OK for multithreaded games, but 1080p60 in CPU limited scenarios is going to be an issue

CPU will be an issue for you with older (DX11 backwards) titles. DX12 titles look promising for APU's, but no title currently supports the API outside of one BETA.

If you have the option of switching things, switch the mobo to an AM3+ board and pick up a FX6300 CPU; not the best on the market, but has better legs than the APU.

EDIT:

As far as other games are concerned:

GPU will be good for 1080p with medium to high settings (will vary depending on the game, you may get away with high for a few titles here or there) with 40-60ish FPS,

CPU will be same as above. Any title that leans on the CPU more than the GPU (arma comes to mind) will struggle. Even more so with titles that aren't multithreaded.

Second-Edit:

I know it may come off this way, but im not implying the CPU is bad. There are much worse, conversely, there are better CPU's too. The CPU sits sorta in the middle somewhere. Good enough, but not ground breaking.

Edited by MillbrookWest

wait, when you put FPS, did you mean:

"First Person Shooter"

or

"Frames Per Second"

Obviously, i've gone and assumed you're talking about the latter since all you posted were specs.....

If you meant first person shooters, look into the Metro (2033/Last Light) Series.

Tight Controls, and amazing atmosphere - Highly recommend you play with a headset.

Bioshock Series is also great (infinite was my personal favourite)

For newer titles:

Star Wars - Your mileage may vary, but it does look darn pretty at least.