Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Closed Beta Player U18 Review & Bug Hunt

Domaik

Hello there!

This is my review for DE about the new U18 and some of it's features. Keep in mind that the post will contain spoilers so if you haven't finished the Second Dream Quest stay away from my thread until you do!

Right so before we begin, I want to point again that I am a veteran Warframe player. I have been playing since closed beta, that is almost 3 years if I'm not wrong. I have been playing this game ever since and I have spent a lot of money on it.

First of all and like all my reviews:

I love Warframe.

And now after U18 has deployed and I have played through it...

I love Warframe even more.

First of all I want to send out a massive THANK YOU to all the workers at Digital Extremes for making this amazing masterpiece of a game. Warframe means a lot for me, more than you think! It has affected my life greatly, to the point that because of Warframe I met my current girlfriend and I have now moved to another country to live with her! all because of Warframe, can you imagine?!

Ok ok let's stop deviating and get to the review.

The Second Dream Quest

It left me speechless. It is the best to happen in Warframe for me. I can't thank DE enough for this marvellous gift that they have given me with U18. I felt again that amazing feeling of dropping your jaw in awe as you play through a game and live it with passion. Heck I even cried when I saw my warframe carrying the operator.And kudos for the cinematics!

I did encounter a couple bugs both on my play through and my girlfriend's.

-The first cut-scene with the stalker talking to Hunhow has de-synced subtitles

-Lip Sync is a bit poor overall but I don't mind that at all.

-There is a rare bug where after finding yourself in the moon and returning to the liset for the last part of the quest, the one where you deal with the stalker in the somatic link room. The bug basically makes the operator constantly ragdoll in your warframe arms and it goes crazy moving and ragdolling while your warframe can walk around normally.

The Focus system

Marvellous, splendid and amazing.  More than I ever expected it to be. But it does need some tweaking indeed.

-Affinity gain is odd. I don't mean it's slow, no. I want it to be slow. I like the feel of having something to work for.

But the affinity gain right now...It works only for kills, it's not shared with team mates and it doesn't really take into account enemy level. This has already created "meta ways of farming focus points". I have been following steve's latest twitter news and I know some of it will be fixed. The rest I guess it will come with time. DE always delivers :)

-It doesn't scale well for high level enemies. After so much effort and having spent so much time and patiently leveled my skill I find out that past enemy level 37 most if not all the Focus skills become useless even after levelling them up. I guess it's time for Scott to get his hands into the balancing!

-It doesn't feel rewarding. You get so little for so much effort needed. I want it to require a lot of effort and to be truly end-game but it should reward us for the time and effort we spend on it.

-Lenses...This is a lottery right now. Getting lenses is not quite possible right now in my opinion. And let's not talk about getting the lens you want or trying to get a greater lens without 400p in your pocket. I rather have a way to obtain them that takes a lot of time that have it being a lottery as it is right now.

Sorties

I love them. Some people say they are hard. I say they are easy. But it could be because I'm an old dog in this game and I know when we fight corpus I better take a mag along and build magnetic or what ever. 

They are actually challenging but they have 2 big flaws.

1-The restrictions should be looked closely. Please DE check and make sure that the restriction doesn't go against the mission type! For this one I'm putting as an example the infested excavation we had to do the other day. It was restricted to Sniper weapons only. It means that every time we picked up a power cell to power the excavator we were unarmed and defenceless against lvl 100 infested...and to make it worse once you dropped the cell, you didn't go back to the primary weapon. We were stuck with unarmed even after dropping the cell or putting it into the excavator.  (probably a bug) but it supposed a big problem. We had to force-change weapons and smash the weapon change a couple times until it worked, since we didn't have melee allowed either it was bugging even more.

None the less it could be done but having to stay for 1500 cryotic under these circumstances wasn't fun or challenging it was more like: let's try to deal with this "bug" that the game created for us.

2- The rewards.... Sorties are a lottery. Plain and easy not much to say here. It's a lottery. It won't matter how many times you did it or how good you did it. You enter a lottery of rewards and get a price. Usually the opposite from what you could find useless or what you would have liked. For the effort put into the sortie missions, having the reward be a lottery is frustrating.

My personal suggestions for this are:

-Unable to obtain the same item twice from the same season reward pool.

-Higher odds of rare item the more sorties you have completed. 

(keep in mind that I do not know if these are actually a thing but everything I have tested with my clan mates so far points that neither of these are a thing)

Illumination

I can't see a damn thing since U18. Everything has gone dark and I can't see anything. Can't see my liset. Can't see the new moon tileset. Can't see the old grineer galleons...Most maps are so dark I can't see anything!

And no my flash light is not activating.

Moon tileset

Perfect, beautiful and marvellous. Kudos for this and the puzzle rooms design. It is perfect and I love it!

it is suffering from illumination problems though. There are many rooms that I can't see at all because they are all black...I want to enjoy the new tileset!

Nitain extract

Not an U18 thing but I felt the need to mention it...I have already talked to Sheldon and Steve about it and both agreed that something would be done about this.

We need so much nitain extract to build the new frames. and we can get these only out of alerts that pop up from time to time completely random. But what happens with players like me who have a work schedule to follow...I haven't been able to obtain nitain for the past days or missed a lot of alerts because i was at work. I would have bought it with plat if it was in the market but it's nowhere to be found or obtained. and we all suddenly need this rare material but it's very hard to obtain for some of us that can't pop up in the game any time we want.

PVP

I don't play it. Never did and probably never will. I don't like it and I have no opinion for the new changes that might have changed stuff in Pvp after U18. ( I haven't read any patch notes referring to pvp/conclave)

Miscellaneous

DE_Steve already knows me as: The crazy volt guy but it won't hurt to say it once more...When is Volt getting his rework D: I want my beloved volt to receive the #Frost And Excalibro Rework

To close up the thread I would like to point that now I love warframe more than ever and I can't wait to see it progress. DE is a very extraordinary company that always delivers and they fix stuff. I feel pain every time i see players around spreading bad words about DE, insulting and complaining with little to no patience. DE always delivers and fixes! I want to send my support to all of the hard workers that make this game possible!

Thank you everyone for your time reading this. Your answers and comments are welcome

I just want to say that i have had no new issues with lighting at all.  There is still the standard issue on infested missions with the Moa type things, but that's it.

Also i would not mind at all something else being done with Nitain,  Ty to complete Wukong in a shadow clan with 2 people is not very easy.  I also have no way to downgrade the clan and don't really want to start over again.

Hello there!

This is my review for DE about the new U18 and some of it's features. Keep in mind that the post will contain spoilers so if you haven't finished the Second Dream Quest stay away from my thread until you do!

Right so before we begin, I want to point again that I am a veteran Warframe player. I have been playing since closed beta, that is almost 3 years if I'm not wrong. I have been playing this game ever since and I have spent a lot of money on it.

First of all and like all my reviews:

I love Warframe.

And now after U18 has deployed and I have played through it...

I love Warframe even more.

First of all I want to send out a massive THANK YOU to all the workers at Digital Extremes for making this amazing masterpiece of a game. Warframe means a lot for me, more than you think! It has affected my life greatly, to the point that because of Warframe I met my current girlfriend and I have now moved to another country to live with her! all because of Warframe, can you imagine?!

Ok ok let's stop deviating and get to the review.

The Focus system

Marvellous, splendid and amazing.  More than I ever expected it to be. But it does need some tweaking indeed.

-Affinity gain is odd. I don't mean it's slow, no. I want it to be slow. I like the feel of having something to work for.

But the affinity gain right now...It works only for kills, it's not shared with team mates and it doesn't really take into account enemy level. This has already created "meta ways of farming focus points". I have been following steve's latest twitter news and I know some of it will be fixed. The rest I guess it will come with time. DE always delivers :)

-It doesn't scale well for high level enemies. After so much effort and having spent so much time and patiently leveled my skill I find out that past enemy level 37 most if not all the Focus skills become useless even after levelling them up. I guess it's time for Scott to get his hands into the balancing!

-It doesn't feel rewarding. You get so little for so much effort needed. I want it to require a lot of effort and to be truly end-game but it should reward us for the time and effort we spend on it.

-Lenses...This is a lottery right now. Getting lenses is not quite possible right now in my opinion. And let's not talk about getting the lens you want or trying to get a greater lens without 400p in your pocket. I rather have a way to obtain them that takes a lot of time that have it being a lottery as it is right now.

Miscellaneous

DE_Steve already knows me as: The crazy volt guy but it won't hurt to say it once more...When is Volt getting his rework D: I want my beloved volt to receive the #Frost And Excalibro Rework

To close up the thread I would like to point that now I love warframe more than ever and I can't wait to see it progress. DE is a very extraordinary company that always delivers and they fix stuff. I feel pain every time i see players around spreading bad words about DE, insulting and complaining with little to no patience. DE always delivers and fixes! I want to send my support to all of the hard workers that make this game possible!

Thank you everyone for your time reading this. Your answers and comments are welcome

the focus system and volt have the same problem, less usefulness after lvl 37/8

Edited by Aquasurge