Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grates And Drop Kicking

holyicon

Okay so this is a very very very minor thing, but it's kinda... no, VERY annoying to me.

When it comes to grates, I tend to leap towards them and press Crouch to perform a Drop Kick to break through them. This is also a very helpful trick for dispatching larger enemies, as most of them can be knocked down for a while doing this.

It's like a small AOE CC that every frame has but very few players actually use.

It also seems to be the least used method for destroying grates, since nearly every other player I've witnessed will either smash it with a melee attack, or even hit the grate with  missile before attempting this rather simple maneuver.

But here's my issue.

It seems that more-and-more grates have more than the 20hp Drop-kick damage. So whie I'm in the flow of running a mission, I'll get stopped up by a grate...

Again, small issue as a follow-up Bullet-Jump is usually enough to finish the grate off. I'm thinking to myself,
"Cosmic Robot Ninja capable of launching self four Stories and toppling Lv150 Eximus Bombards with a single kick, stopped by a pre-distressed piece of ventilation, likely made of aluminum to save cost and because IT'S NOT AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE SHIP'S STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY!"

I can think of no rational reason for a grate to have more than 20hp. Or worse, SCALE WITH THE ENEMY LEVEL. Especially when Kick Damage does not scale with the Tenno!

It would literally take less time than reading this post to cap grate HP to 20. And if you think DE doesn't have time to address this... just look at the patch notes of the last 5 updates and look at all the non-essential visual tweaks they waste time on (this is on top of all the other non-essential tweaks they don't even bother to inform us of).

As always, be as nice to each other as you are mean to the enemies of the Tenno.
 - holyicon

EDIT:
And the same thing goes for broken fans.
Edited by holyicon

I find the idea that the grates scale with the enemy level hilarious, and kind of wish they got armor just like the enemies, if only for the lols.

In all seriousness, I agree, drop kicking through grates is a lot like the old slide melee through lasers. Cool trick which makes you feel like a ninja. Did they ever take out the slide melee through lasers thing? I hope not, I really liked it.

I find the idea that the grates scale with the enemy level hilarious, and kind of wish they got armor just like the enemies, if only for the lols.

In all seriousness, I agree, drop kicking through grates is a lot like the old slide melee through lasers. Cool trick which makes you feel like a ninja. Did they ever take out the slide melee through lasers thing? I hope not, I really liked it.

I think some frames can slide through lasers but not all not sure though. 

Anyway I completely agree with OP what reason do grates have to have more than even 1 health.