Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Focus] Chimera Breath

Tyroki

Rank 0 splits the beam in to 3, each doing 15% damage.

Yeah. 15%.

Unless the later ranks ramp that up like crazy, that doesn't scream worth it to me.

As it is the beams are quite spread out. Hitting more than one thing can be tough depending on what you're against.

Wow. I almost didn't pick this ability because I thought that even three full powered lasers would be lackluster at the damage the original ability was putting out, and now I find out that they only do 15% damage? What a waste of focus points!

Edited by Matrixryu

I think Chimera Breath will be a little more tolerable with more levels and more subsequent skills.

The skill that turns the laser into an AoE can synergize with the lasers, allowing multiple lasers to hit a single target by AoE'ing off of others.

Having three lasers also allows for three trails of fire, from the fire trail skill.

Assuming Chimera Breath levels up linearly. R0 = 15%, R1 = 20%, R3 = 30%, so a maxed out Chimera Breath will deal a total of 90% of the original damage, spread out over three beams, with each beam causing AoE and trails of fire.

So it sounds like, with enough levels (and mind you this is Focus so they designed it to be end game and have a long shelf life), Chimera Breath can be worth it.

Personally I wish Chimera Breath and the AoE skill switched places in the skill tree.

I think Chimera Breath will be a little more tolerable with more levels and more subsequent skills.

The skill that turns the laser into an AoE can synergize with the lasers, allowing multiple lasers to hit a single target by AoE'ing off of others.

Having three lasers also allows for three trails of fire, from the fire trail skill.

Assuming Chimera Breath levels up linearly. R0 = 15%, R1 = 20%, R3 = 30%, so a maxed out Chimera Breath will deal a total of 90% of the original damage, spread out over three beams, with each beam causing AoE and trails of fire.

So it sounds like, with enough levels (and mind you this is Focus so they designed it to be end game and have a long shelf life), Chimera Breath can be worth it.

Personally I wish Chimera Breath and the AoE skill switched places in the skill tree.

If it were to add up linearly it would either go 15%-30%-45% or 15%-20%-25%. if the first case is correct then it would do 135% base dmg in total, which is an upgrade. if it is the latter it is extremely underwhelming. also try using the beam on ancient disruptors, they have like 98% DR to that...

so for 25,000 focus I take an extreme downgrade in damage, and there is also the fact that you can't directly aim 2/3 of the EXTREMELY reduced damage output.

Even with the desirable stuff behind that skill, who wants to wait until the EXTREME focus endgame just to MAYBE be on par with the damage you were doing at the start!

Also, one of the skills behind chimera's breath is quite situational. Just because I draw a line on the ground doesn't mean that the damage that will be done to the enemy. It Might be done to the enemy, they have to walk over it.  I can see Dragon fire being useful for Defence and mobile defence and thats about it...

Edited by Kouin325

• 1 month later...

i think chimera breath was a speed bump so you have to spend something to get to things like dragon fire. To my knowledge, now keeping in mind i only have the base ability, its cooldown reduction and blazing fury, i dont think you need to take chimera breath in order to get to dragons breath or hades touch etc. i could be wrong though. but unless its gets insane scaling, im gonna grab the searing wrath, burning rage, MAYBE phoenix flash and call it good. most of the things arent that good so far, but the system has good potential. must note tho, i think its vazarin, the healing one, has high troll capability with poluted waters. 95% 16 second viral and magnetic proc? would rather have stayed down if im on a caster or melee frame, which is pretty much everything i play.

It's still non-scaling blast damage that does nothing to enemies with armor. Just take the passives and the cooldown reduction, there is literally no reason whatsoever to invest in Madurai active skills.