Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod Eagle Eye

kinghouse_51

Well point cost is pretty moot as anything it would be replacing would have used those points unless it was a very cheap mod.

While I like the IDEA of the mod. It doesn't help me accomplish more kills from a distance more so than any other mod I could use. If this game had reticule swing it could fix or this effected base accuracy as well, there would be a point. It might save you a bullet or two getting a headshot with a lex across a canyon overall.

Another idea would be a screen overlay while looking through it. Like heat vision. If you could see targets through walls beyond radar range yet could also distinguish then being in or out of cover, or just make the scope toggleable. It would have a more unique nitch.

Doing more damage because now you can be more accurate with headhots does help.

If it would have caused your weapon to have a scope when the gun model has it, like boltor, sniper etc. then maybe it'd be actually good, right now it's "meh" to "meh minus". Mainly because of the mod slots it takes compared to what it does. 

Greetings.

My opinion regarding the new zoom mods is thus:

I am uncertain that they are even working. If they do, then their effect is negligent to the point of obsolete. Because I essentially notice no difference.

Best Regards,

DE still doesn't seem to realize that you can't have minor situational utility boosts using the same system and pool of resources as massive stat improvements and expect anyone to use them.

This. It's a noob trap, as are many of the new mods sadly. 15% less shield decrease in frost missions as a mod anyone?

What do you guys think of the new mod eagle eye and what would you guys do with it. 

The only pistol where this mod might be useful would be on Lex.

But its not even needed there.

This mod is best used as a fusion to another mod.

Now that we have fire speed on pistols, which almost that cant fit, Eagle Eye would only be used if you lack the other mods.

Its quite useless actually. Or very.

This. It's a noob trap, as are many of the new mods sadly. 15% less shield decrease in frost missions as a mod anyone?

Those new elemental decrease mods must be the worst you can find.

Ok if they gave more, say 10-15% per rank. But 2-3% per rank. Who the heck invest in this? When its never a problem anyway to deal with it.

They are throwing in mods cause they are out of ideas.

Or they want to bring in some heavy elemental zones. But then 15% from a max mod will not help you anyway. Its too little.

Right now, its fusion material for other mods. Nothing else.

They should have been a warframe mod. Makes more sense you are installing more advanced targeting systems in your helmet. Hense the name eagle "eye" and not eagle "sniper scope". And then lets not forget who in the world would sacrifice a whole slot on a maxxed out gun for this? Noone thats who. I would totally be all over it. De make it happen.

Who would sacrifice a slot on a maxed out warframe, by that rationale?

Anyway, Eagle Eye is pointless with the current state of mods. We need separate mod slots for these qualify of life/convenience mods, or some way to make them worthwhile.

Edited by krisp

DE still doesn't seem to realize that you can't have minor situational utility boosts using the same system and pool of resources as massive stat improvements and expect anyone to use them.

Translation- DE isnt thinking about mim-maxers who are thinking about wave 65 mobs that actually dont matter that much because they are usually mind-controlled with chaos or floating with Bastille Day.

The game isnt that difficult, swapping whatever mod you wish for more accurate shooting isnt a tremendous deal.