The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Most Useful Focus School For Excalibur?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

I main Excalibur and I thought, at first, that Marudai was a good choice, but then I realized I really don't need that much more damage; I mean it's cool, but isn't there something more useful?

Then I changed to Zenurik, to have a quick energy regen during the mission and a good efficency while channeling, but now the second ability is gone as a passive and only lasts 20 sec, which leaves me only with a great energy regen that is awesome for all the frames but the channeling ones, including my Excal.

What would you suggest now? What Focus school currently grants the best passives and abilities for a frame like Excalibur?

I wasted already too many points and while I'm afraid that the "beta" status will screw things up for a little longer, I have to chose a path to follow now if I don't want to wait a month or two before farming focus points assuming the system will be stable by then...

Edited by siralextraffo

10 answers to this question

Does it work with Exalted Blade?

It should, since it is itself a melee weapon (effectively).

Dunno if it works on the blade waves, but it should at least work on the melee strikes.

(Can't confirm just yet - someone else might)

Edited by Syzodia

It does indeed work on both the waves and the actual sword. Pretty excellent passive effect, honestly. That being said, currently many passives aren't working for clients so just be aware that until DE rolls out a fix for client passives the invis might be wonky if you're not hosting.

It does indeed work on both the waves and the actual sword. Pretty excellent passive effect, honestly. That being said, currently many passives aren't working for clients so just be aware that until DE rolls out a fix for client passives the invis might be wonky if you're not hosting.

I'm ok with that, I suppose they'll get fixed eventually.

I'm more scared of passives turned into active abilities from a day to another like happened to Zenurik; I mean, it's a Beta system, but still....

We can only guess about invisibility effect of exalted blade, currently it works but it works with all weapons - it's bugged, will it remain we don't know but if I have to guess I would say no.

Personally I don't think any of these schools is important or critical in any way - go with the cool one. I also picked madurai /zenurik. 

I'm ok with that, I suppose they'll get fixed eventually.

I'm more scared of passives turned into active abilities from a day to another like happened to Zenurik; I mean, it's a Beta system, but still....

So hate to burst your bubble, but Energy Override was always an active. All that changed was the description.

People tested before the hotfix, and were reportign the effect only lasting a few seconds.

So really, all the update did was change the description to match what the ability did.

That being said, I wish the incorrect description was what it actually did :/

So hate to burst your bubble, but Energy Override was always an active. All that changed was the description.

People tested before the hotfix, and were reportign the effect only lasting a few seconds.

So really, all the update did was change the description to match what the ability did.

That being said, I wish the incorrect description was what it actually did :/

Yup, it was listed as passive and we could honestly assume it was bugged then, but now we know only the description was "bugged", unfortunately.

It's still a good school to have and I'll max the energy siphon like ability to use with most of my frames, but it's not that good with Excalibur now!

Yup, it was listed as passive and we could honestly assume it was bugged then, but now we know only the description was "bugged", unfortunately.

It's still a good school to have and I'll max the energy siphon like ability to use with most of my frames, but it's not that good with Excalibur now!

Yeah so far I've hit on Zenurik for my Mesa, Vazerin for my Ember, and Naramon for my Excal. I would also use Zenurik for my Zephyr and Chroma.