The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Bow As Of Now?

Zareek

Question

GREETINGS!

Up til now, Ive quite enjoyed my 4 forma Daikyu. It's not weak by any means, just takes some patience to use it. However, I havent really focused that much on bows overall, so I wanted to hear what everyone else thinks, and what bow you consider the best?

I need to decide on one for my upcomming Ivara, and primarily for grineer and void runs.

I dont understand why people say rakta cernos. It's impact. That's not that good in the void as well as against grineer, it's mainly against corpus.

Mainly because out of all of the Crit bows, Rakta Cernos has the highest fire rate AND the highest base damage.

For starters, Slash actually get's a type reduction vs Ferrite or Alloy armor, before the actual armor reduction takes place. Impact damage has no type advantage or disadvantage vs armor.

Due to that fact, the Rakta Cernos is actually better vs armored Grineer than the Dread, though it still loses to the Paris Prime.

Even on unarmored targets, the Rakta Cernos wins due to its higher base damage. The Dread 's damage when you add in the bonus slash modifier vs flesh is still lower than the Rakta Cernos' base damage.

Rakta Cernos is my favourite, before I used Dread. Never had much love for the slurp sound of the Paris Prime.

I use an 100%+ Critbuild, Speed Trigger and corrosive damage most of the time. The damage is enough to one-shot (with headshot) anything in Survival III, for 40 mins. Haven't tried Survival IV yet.

Most of all it's great fun, it makes you feel like a genuine Legolas. With its speedy headshots and splash procs you deal amazing damage too.

The only time I use a different bow is when stealth is needed (spy missions, focus exterminate missions).

A few words of warning: if you plan to put a focus lens into it make sure you have another lens in your frame too. The majority of its damage is generated by its proc damage. As with affinity, focus points from proc kills go to the frame instead of the weapon.