The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strictnat And Upnp. I've Tried Everything.

Leahzar

Question

Hello my fellow Tenno,

First of all, let me just state that any advice should be given as if to someone with a level of tech savviness of AVERAGE. 

Now, I've been getting the infamous

s532GnJ.jpg

Things I've tried:

1. Turn it off and on again: Warframe {Multiple times}

2. Turn it off and on again: Computer {Multiple times}

3. Turn it off and on again: Router {Multiple times}

4. Checked Warframe settings:

MfWUC7V.jpg

5. Checked firewall settings:

R52zetk.jpg

6. Checked router settings/port forwarding:

C5ls631.jpg

ocrnX93.jpg

7. Cried.

Edit 1:

8. Changed DNS

ISP Details: 

ISP: Mweb

I've been playing for YEARS, previously the error was easily fixed by following steps 1 to 3 above.

My problem:

I can actually connect to other clients, but usually only after getting 8+ invites with the "cannot connect to host" or "Host not found" errors. As you can imagine, this considerably lessens my chances of getting invited into anything and is extremely annoying.

My ISP package makes it impossible for me to Host games with international players as they lag to hell and back, which is no way to play Warframe. 

Other details: (possibly applicable?)

1. Desktop Computer

2. Wired connection

3. Connection issues is to international as well as local hosts.

What I want from you:

Any advice/tips/solutions/ideas that I can try to fix this. I absolutely love this game and I've been living with these connection issues for probably 2 weeks now, it's wearing on me ><

Thank you so much for your time in reading this, and thank you in advance for any advice/tips/ideas.

a Desperate Tenno

TL;DR

Nothing is working, help pls D:

Edited by Leahzar

5 answers to this question

At this point it most likely isn't DE's fault. It can be an issue with your router or ISP. Thankfully, you can now play with people even with a strict NAT, just with a bit more latency.

Edit: Now that I pay more attention. (it's late and I'm getting ready for bed)

I have a strict NAT. Nothing for me has changed lately. This makes me think the issue might be with your ISP.

Edited by Zachhh

Warframe box says forward to 4950-4955...but from the router settings picture that you posted, the log says off. So I think that's why it's not detecting the port. Ping just means server response time in milliseconds(changing it changes latency)

Strict nat could be changed unless your router is extremely cheap, but that would be more involved, and if you're inexperienced changing settings--I don't recommend it since it involves messing with security.