The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Actual Requirements

GDSK-NXS

Question

Hello, I would like to ask DE about Warframe's actual technical requirements. My PC is new, every part of it has been bought in the last year and was wondering WHY if I have things up to date, the game works so bad for me.

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80-2.97 GHz

Memory: 4GB (3.37 Usable)

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5670
DirectX: DirectX 11

Hard Drive: 200GB free

The game never fails to freeze constantly in mission. It freezes once ever 6-7 seconds while I'm walking, and every 3-4 if I'm running (to 1-2 if I'm bullet-jumping or gliding). They aren't even slight freezes, some times (like just a minute ago before I decided to close the game out of sheer rage) it froze not for 2, not for 4, not even 10 seconds, IT FROZE FOR 37 COUNTED SECONDS.

Now, this wouldn't be a problem, I should upgrade my microprocessor and get a better cooling I think, but then again, WHY if every other game in my entire game list works perfectly fine, this one performs so poorly in the same conditions?.

Some times, I get to play at max graphics and 40FPS, no freeze at all. Some times, the worst graphics can only reduce the freezing about a 30%, because the game is as good as done.

I keep my PC clean, I keep everything upgraded to above average gaming stuff, yet I can't reach to know why this game works the way it does.

Just now, I was playing with friends, not a single freeze, just a few FPS drops but that's more than excellent since other times the games is plainly impossible to play. Doing good, T1 Sab looking for nova helmet, Lights flicker.

Now I have been looking for the new Stalker since the update came out, I just got the lights flicker, I get my hopes up, but in short I remember something that happened earlier this day, Zanuka spawned, and during the video sequence where they talk to you, with the hologram or whatever, it froze for 23 seconds, and I knew it was gonna happen.

The lights flicker a second time, and just a seconds later the game freezes for about a minute (AN ENTIRE MINUTE) and I'm asking my friend who is in skype "Did you kill him? is him there?" He doesn't answer for a short time, and says "you got disconnected just before he spawned and he never did".

TL-DR: I know Warframe will keep upgrading, this game has that thing that everyone likes, but I would ask you, DE, PLEASE, tell me how do you do to avoid the freeze!? I a boiling cauldron, and I'm on the verge of loosing my mind, I manage anger poorly so this game has cost me many keyboards and mouses, can you please give me an answer? Tell me what do you do to avoid it.

This is, also, some kind of vent because I was literally breaking my knuckles punching at the wall.

Edited by GDSK-NXS

4 answers to this question

If you want to know what the game requires look warframe up on steam and it should list minimum and recomended specs you should know that warframe is a beta game though and as such is prone to bugs

Edit for requirements: steam only has minimum

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ 
    • Memory:2 GB RAM 
    • Graphics:Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600 
    • DirectX®:9.0c 
    • Hard Drive:10 GB HD space 
    • Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
Edited by -Amaterasu-