Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does 'north Wind' Have A Defensive Polarity?

iglumajor

It does not make any sense, all the others are Tactic polarities, all elemental damage should be the same polarity because they are all made for the same task= counter a faction of enemies

All ice mods are d polarities. Otherwise the only d polarity on weapons would be stun mods.

maybe because wind.... ice, can freeze/stun enemies? or slow them down? I always thought ice slows down and shock stuns, fire is the only thing without additional effect

Fire can cause panic. (they flail around instead of attacking)

Electric is good against Corpus, Fire is good against infested so what does that leave? Frost should be good against Grineer but it isn't and is defensive polarity, they should make it a Tactic polarity and counter Grineer

Electric is good against Corpus, Fire is good against infested so what does that leave? Frost should be good against Grineer but it isn't and is defensive polarity, they should make it a Tactic polarity and counter Grineer

Actually AP is the counter to Grineer. It behaves like an elemental mod, but has an attack polarity. I'm fine with all polarities except the lack of attack(v)ones for warframes. Makes the second "v" polarity on frames like Ex.-Prime and Banshee totally useless.

If I'm not wrong, the symbols actually stand for the faction/tribe that made the module so lorewise, D doesn't really mean defensive module but rather, the faction/tribe that made mainly (since I agree North Wind isn't defensive) defensive modules.