Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Controls Aka Stay, Come, Shhh!

CerebrateJoe

I love my sentinels, but it is a shame you can't use a Dethcube or Wyrm on a stealth run.  As soon as they see someone they announce your presence to everyone.

In short, I'd like to have at least two options.  Hold Position/Follow and Hold Fire/Resume Fire.  This would be so good on defense missions and mobile defense.  Imagine if everyone could leave their sentinels to guard the pod/computer and have a bit more freedom to move around.  I like it when my Rhino is at a choke point, but I'm to slow to chase down those one or two chargers that get past me.  If my Dethcube was hovering over the pod then he'd really be making a huge contribution.

Also, when I'm tanking, my sentinel gets destroyed so fast.  It makes sense.  I'm drawing fire and standing still.  Just the same, I'd rather leave him around the corner where he could stay safe and join me after this crowd thins out.

just get a shade and be done with it.

I see where you are going with this, but remember it is a multiplayer game.  Its fun to try to stay stealth for the first few minutes, but if even one person on your team has a Dethcube or Wyrm then you don't even get the attempt.  Your teammate takes that away from you without even intending to do so.

+1

I agree. The sentinels need commands so they stop getting in the way of stealth missions. If they could be told to 'halt fire' or 'wait here' it would add so many more options to game play. Extra bonus if they could protect the pod.