The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Duplicator

KelliCzek

Greetings, in the beginning I want to ask you about something: how many Warframes and Weapons do you have? - type it down in the comment section below!

So let s start...

Example: You re bored playing as ASH and you want to play as Rhino. First you need to put off all the mods (shields, power dmg,...) from ASH and put it on Rhino. OK, u did it once, but if you have multiple Warframes (like me) and have builds for diferent levels/enemies/mission types - things are starting to get comlicated... my suggestion/solution is "duplicating mods"

Process:

OK so you fused a mod, duplicate it now you have 2x mods (=.=) - the original (will have green frame around the card (idea...?)) and duplcate one. You can use the duplicate one on the warframe/gun and it will stay there (! - no more putting of/on mods).

Problems:

1) If you want fuse a original mod (already duplicated) - ok no problem, but you need to duplicate it again once you finished fusing. (duplicates can be deleted - no price for selling)

2) Recognizing duplicate/original - as I mentioned before, the original will have green frame around the card

3) If sell original - duplicate will automaticly sell to

4) If you duplicate fused mod and want it to fuse again, the older duplicate one will be deleted

*if you have any ideas about the problems write it down in the comment section*

Thx for the reading. Hope to see some comments... Until then Farewell

Edited by KelliCzek

or just when you swap WFs/weapons all of the mods show up like they havent been used. This won't be a problem with using the same mod twice at the same time because all the wf/rifle/shotgun/pistol/melee mods are different, and you can only have one of those weapons equipped at a time.

+1 to the idea, +.5 to the process.

The most convenient solution to current problem are mod templates, which to my knowledge have been in the game for a brief time due to being bugged.

Let's just wait and see how when and whether DE fixes and reimplements them.

The only issue is fusion.  Personally, I'd say Shigglesx is on the right track.  If you try to fuse a mod that is already equipped, there will be a popup listing all things that have that mod equipped and the remaining mod points available on that item.  Obviously if one of the things it's equipped on has no more room, fusion fails and you are notified which item didn't have space.

It would make life easier for the player, but it would give less to work towards. In the late late late end-game i guess I'll wind up with a couple maxed sets of mods just so i don't have to take them off :P 

Duplicating your own would definitely be easier though. 

I have three warframes, my fourth finishes in 17 hours. I just broke onto my second page of weapons, and have thought about this myself, but in reality, it's not all that difficult to just unequip the non-ability mods, and then re-mod whatever I swap to. The only time I could see it be really annoying is if you got to the point where you had Warframes so specialized that you had the Ember for Infested, and two others for Grineer/Corpus, and so on. But for that reason, I just avoid Warframes that seem so specialized in one area or another.

That being said, we all want the colors of weapons/sentinels to carry over to their respective Warframes (for those of us who color each Warframe differently, that is). I could see them allowing us to create "mod sets" or something, where we create custom categories for mods, and add it as a filter option. I mean, in reality, it'd probably just be one set, and i'd title it "relevant" or something. But it could be useful. But duplicating seems unnecessary.

The most convenient solution to current problem are mod templates, which to my knowledge have been in the game for a brief time due to being bugged.

Let's just wait and see how when and whether DE fixes and reimplements them.

I support the idea of templates (perhaps by unequipping automatically each game and let the template auto-equip).  Un-equipping and re-equipping has becoming sort of chore and doing it automatically would shorten the time you need to change weapons and frames. 

• 3 weeks later...